Friday, February 03, 2006
Step by step
It seems as if the whole process moves in spurts. We were sitting so long waiting on CIS and the home study agency to finish. Now, we are speeding along again. We had our fingerprinting done a few days ago. We will now just wait on them for their final approval. The very same day, we were told that if we would hurry with our dossier, it would hopefully be sent into the country in a little over a week. Therefore, we are hustling and bustling around trying to get the last minute things done on it and get it to the Secretary of State to be apostilled. After that, we will send it probably overnight to make sure it gets to the right people at the right time. Of course, then it will just be a waiting game again--waiting this time on the Russian government for approval to visit. According to our agency, we may be only about 2 months away from our first trip and our first chance to see our children. That is so exciting!

The money side of things is not speeding along. In fact, it has been all but stopped. We still have plans for a big garage sale in March or April. It will help, but of course, not nearly enough. However, I have found that the closer we get and the more paperwork we fill out, the less I am worried about it. I, instead, am more focused on just getting there. God told us He would provide and I believe He will. It may not be in the way that I thought at first, but He will provide and we will bring these kiddos home. We could not do it without Him.

I have read about so many families recently that have experienced lots of delays and disappointments with their adoptions. They are hurting so badly and want to control the situation so much. My heart aches for them, not only for their pain in the wait but also because they seem to be doing it all alone, without the Lord. They are mad at everyone else over their circumstances and don't know where to turn. If anyone reading this is in that boat, I would like to say "Lean on Jesus." I know there is a possiblility that in a few months I will need to read over this for my own self. I'm sorry for your pain. Here's a few verses that might help:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."- Matthew 11:28-30 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."- Proverbs 3:5 God will NOT let you down. He has your best in mind always. Lean on Him . Trust in Him.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:37 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Elle said…

    Kim,
    How right you are. This journey is difficult and I cannot imagine doing it without the Lord. He is what I rely on every day!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Continuing on
Finishing Home Study/Starting Dossier
Turning 2 alone
home study was a breeze
home study coming
Local News Story
first fundraiser
Introduction




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER