Friday, February 09, 2007
Living for the Weekend
I had another post started, but will probably never post it. I'm having to let some feelings settle a little. Obviously, there needs to be some clarifications made to the last post. However, I'm not in the mindframe to do so at this time.

This week has been one of the most difficult I've experienced in a while, including the one a few weeks ago. It was difficult for different reasons, mainly emotionally and physically. The bwins, especially El, have been having many problems that have just worn me out. I feel like I've been in a war, battling every day. However, things are looking up because the weekend is coming.

This Sunday, we will celebrate D's grandpa's 99th birthday(his birthday is actually on Valentine's Day). He is as sharp as a tack and can tell you tons of amazing stories. Anyway, my MIL has invited the kids out Saturday to stay with her and go to the party with her. (Because of our drive and our Sunday School teaching obligations, we are going to have to be late to the party. She wanted to make sure the kids were there on time.)

What does this mean? Rest, recuperation, and time alone with hubby. I am in such need of this, more so than I can ever remember. I feel the last of me has been spent and I'm running on fumes. I need to spend some time recharging. My prayer all week has been that God would get me through, and He has. I couldn't have made it on my own. All week long, I've been counting down the days until Saturday. I'm so grateful for this one day to relax or at least let down a little. Thanks MIL. It means more than you'll ever know.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:16 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    I'll be thinking about you and hoping that you get some needed R&R this weekend. I hope that the coming week brings some relief to what you have been going through. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    I'm so glad you have some time alone with hubby this weekend. I imagine with 6 blessings at home it would tax on your emotions as well as physical.
    I'll be praying for you over the weekend especially that you are able to get the needed rest and start the week fresh again. Praying also that the problems would begin to slow fade away.

    John 14:27
    "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

    Psalm 59:16
    But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your loving-kindness in the morning,For You have been my stronghold And a refuge in the day of my distress.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger jessy said…

    I'm praying too that you will have a restfull weekend. Let yourself relax and DON'T FEEL GUILTY. At times like these, I just say over and over to myself:

    I can't take care of THEM if I don't take care of MYSELF.

    I'm sorry if my last comment came across as insensitive and caustic. I didn't mean for it to.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad you're going to have some time with just D. A little time to recharge your batteries! You do such an amazing job day in and day out with your kids. It's a wonder you don't get worn out more frequently.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said…

    Oh Kim, I am sorry things have been so rough for you, I will be praying for your precious family. Hope you get some much needed R&R this weekend.(((HUGS)))

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I'm sorry things have been rough lately. I greatly admire you for doing all that you do for your 6 children, but understand that it must be draining at times. I know how worn out I feel with just two kids!

    What a wonderful gift your MIL is giving you and D. It sounds like some time together to recharge and relax is exactly what you need.

    Hang in there Kim!

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger kate said…

    Take good care of yourself, Kim. Relax and recharge this weekend.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    It sounds like some time to recharge is just what you need. I know the bwins couldn't be in a better home. And I know that you are an incredible mother. I'm sorry things have been so hard. Lots of hugs your way.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim
    I just wanted to let you know that I have still been reading your blogs about your wonderful family. You are an inspiration.
    Also, I had your 3 boys in Children's Church Sunday and I completly enjoyed having them. They raised their hands, answered questions, wrote their names on their papers and all recited the bible point outloud. It was amazing to meet them and see their acompishments after reading so much about the boys.
    I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I really did ejoy spending some time with all 3 of your boys!
    Liz Brack
    PS We are expecting probably another redhead this summer!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Mixed-up Feelings and Other Odds and Ends
Surprise Letter!!!
Lemons, Gerbils, and Diseases
Shake, Rattle, and Roll with Us
Happy 9th Times Two!!!
Growin' Em "Big" and Brave
Check it out!!
What's up with the weather?
Storm Update
What's that Smell?




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER