Thursday, June 21, 2007
Summer Craziness
CATCHING SOME SUMMER RAYS

LEARNING TO LOVE THE WATER (WITH A FEW PURPLE LIPS)

TOO MUCH FOR ONE DAY!







Well, just as every other year, I think summer will be a time to relax and get caught up. It has been so busy! Actually, I have had a lot more time to read and enjoy some relaxation time. That has been good. I guess it has been a different kind of busy. I have several projects I would like to accomplish, but haven't even started yet.

We have been enjoying swimming this year and I'm working on teaching L and El how to swim. They are getting more comfortable with the water now. In fact, L is a little fish. It's almost dangerous. The boys wear floaty suits and can go anywhere and do anything in a pool. I keep trunks under their floaty suits for when we can do lessons. One day, we were getting ready to have a lesson and L just had his trunks on. I was watching him very closely and was near enough to grab him. He jumped off the last step thinking it was no different. He floundered a second before I scooped him up and explained that he didn't have his suit on and couldn't swim. It was a good little lesson. Actually though, last week they both jumped off the side, went all the way under, and swam to me about 7 feet away. I was proud of that. At the beginning of the season, they didn't want to put a big toe in the water. El is more cautious than L, but has also been doing very well.

Gym is now in the mornings and all of the kiddos come with me. Every morning we are gone to the gym from 8:30-noon. Our afternoons seem to be filled with swimming, cleaning, doctor's appointments, etc. We are definitely enjoying being home every night together as a family. That's the best!


My computer finally died a slow and ugly death and is little more than a glowing machine at the present. I have now moved to D's computer, but am still getting used to it. I need to learn how to deal with pictures on his computer. Hopefully, I will be running at full speed soon.


It has been an exciting week in the adoption arena with my friends. Margaret gets Slugger forever today. Also, our dear friends, the Gillelands, are in China getting their new daughter, Kendal Hope Yan Gilleland. They are pretty much family to us. You can check out their journey at http://www.kendalhope.com/. There are all kinds of cool pictures from China on there. They are getting to go to a free Steven Curtis Chapman concert in Beijing on Saturday evening. Donations will be taken to benefit orphanages in China. Pretty cool!!


Hope everyone's summer is going well and you're keeping cool. We have not had typical Oklahoma summer here. It has rained more than it has shined. All of the lakes, rivers, etc. are extremely high and dangerous. Hopefully, the clouds will roll away and the sun will step in soon!
The pics above were taken on L and El's birthday.








posted by 6blessings @ 2:43 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    I LOVE to watch kids learn to swim! I was in 7 or 8th grade when I learned how to swim, and did not get comfortable swimming until after we got our boat four years ago. And two years ago when I started teaching our ABRO children to swim, that's when I finely "got it!" I guess I am a good example of it is never to late for an old dog to learn new tricks!

    The sleeping pics are precious!

    You can send some of the rain over here to SC!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    Wow! It looks like they are having a great summer.
    I'm with you about how fast summer fills up. And, can you believe it is almost halfway over?
    Let's have a spa day soon!

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Those are great pool pictures! Looks like L and El had a great birthday.

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    Hey Kim,
    I'm glad to hear you're having a fun summer. I wish some of your rain would come our way, we are in a major drought! I love the pics and I hope the boys had an awesome birthday.
    Blessings,
    Penny

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Happy Anniversary, D!
No Training Wheels
Birthday- Part 1
Six Years Ago
Good news
Awards and Updates
Adoption/Foster Care/Mentoring Symposium & God's Hand
Preschool Minds
Gifts from Afar
Help for Russian Orphanages




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER