Wednesday, February 22, 2006
USCIS approval
We received our USCIS approval yesterday. Now we are ready to go on this side of the world. We know our dossier went into the country over a week ago. We just have to wait now. I have been gathering a list of items for packing. I can't believe it is getting close to time. I can't wait to hug them and tell them I love them.

My oldest daughter likes to sew. I was supposed to coach a gymnastics competition this last weekend, but it got cancelled because of icy conditions. Instead, Hannah and I made cloth books for the boys. One was Clifford and the other was Bob the Builder counting. We had a great time! I also got some books at Dollar General about Noah and Jonah. They had finger puppets attached to them. I thought they might keep the boys interested. I need to hit the attic and start rummaging through our toddler toys and take inventory.

We had another financial blessing last week. A coworker of Damon's put a note in his mailbox encouraging us and included a $100 bill. She did not even know we were fundraising or anything. She just wanted to help. God is so awesome! That very day I had been talking to someone assuring them that God would provide in one way or another. He just reaffirmed it with this precious lady.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:56 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    Kim,
    God is good. It is amazing the way He reaffirms that fact in the simplest ways.

    Congrats on the 171-H!! That is a huge step forward. We waited 15 weeks for ours. Arrived in my birthday last year. The best birthday gift ever!

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    That is a wonderful milestone!

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Congrats on your I-171H. I swear there's something in the air right now with adoption. Things are starting to move all over. I hope your wait time is very short. Congrats again.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Dossier sent off
Step by step
Continuing on
Finishing Home Study/Starting Dossier
Turning 2 alone
home study was a breeze
home study coming
Local News Story
first fundraiser
Introduction




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER