Thursday, May 11, 2006
Poster Child

Here's a picture of Eden with her neon yellow cast. The doctor said it was a growth plate fracture in her wrist. I don't know how many times as a gymnastic coach I have said, "If you fall backwards, don't put your arm behind you. Just land on your bottom. That's a great way to break a wrist." Similarly, Eden has heard this about a million times. Now she is the poster child for it. Now when someone at the gym falls backwards and starts to put her arm down, I just say, "See that little girl over there. That's what she did and that's why she is in a cast." For some reason my kids like to learn their lessons the hard way. I can't imagine why! Neither my husband nor myself are hard-headed or stubborn. Ha! Ha! (Mom, if you read this, you can't comment! :-) )
posted by 6blessings @ 11:53 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger sandy said…

    Very nice cast! You get the same advice when snowboarding; don't put your hands down when you fall backward. I managed to save my wrists, but I've NEVER landed on my bottom so hard in my entire life. I had a jolt straight up the spine and my jaws clacked together. Where's the Advil?? I hope her fracture heals quickly!

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    At least she looks cheery about it!

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Cute casts- they make the casts so fun now with the different colors.

    I had a cast on my leg when I was a kid for trying to go down a really tall slide standing up (with socks- I fell off ).

    Anyway, I think if you never got hurt, you didn't have a childhood. It is hard on the moms though.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Thought I'd give everyone a laugh today. This was ...
Updates- Non-Adoption
Adoption Updates
Trip 1/Day 5 & 6
Trip 1/Day 4
Trip 1/Day 3 continued
pics for last post
Trip 1/Day 3
Trip 1/ Day 2
Trip 1/Day 1




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER