Saturday, August 05, 2006
New Tastes
First McDonald's- Moscow- E really liked the Chicken Nuggets and fries. Both boys were really excited about the toy- a "machine"(car). It helped to kill many hours in the apartment waiting.

E is enjoying Baskin Robbins ice cream- YUM! It was pouring down rain outside on Arbat Street so we detoured in for a treat before finishing our shopping.


At home, spaghetti, garlic bread and applesauce. All big hits as you can see from the saucy smiles!


L loved the ice cream so much! When he scooped out all he could, he then tipped it up and tried to pour the melted bit out onto his spoon. When that didn't work, he just stuck his whole face inside. He's my kid- can't leave a drop of something so yummy behind!


L with his first Happy Meal. He didn't know there was food inside. When D first set it down he reached out and hugged it. I guess he thought it was something to play with. He was really suprised when we opened it up and there was stuff to eat and play with inside of it.

posted by 6blessings @ 11:04 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Reading your posts is a bright spot in my day. We are 26 days from court.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim these are priceless! Thanks for the reality. And it is encouraging to know there is real food in Moscow. :) THey are just beautiful and so happy! You are blessed. Thanks for sharing. MMT

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    Oh that is SO funny about the Happy Meal. I'm suprised he didn't smell the food. How sweet and innocent, a child hugging a Happy Meal. I'm so happy they are home with their Mama and Papa.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad they're good eaters! I had so much trouble with Peanut last summer. He liked fruit and he liked some vegetables (tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers... and yes, I do know that tomatoes are technically a fruit). Other than that he wouldn't eat much. Until the day I passed off pierogi as "bolshoi pelmeni." He loved that!

    (If you get sick of the Peanut story comments, let me know. It's just that your boys remind me of him in many ways.)

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim, I found your blog from another one. I just got done reading your entire blog. I think you have the sweetest looking boys. You are so lucky to receive such precious gifts.

    Have a great time with SIX kids, omgoodness that is just wild.

    take care ... melissa

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I love the stories of your boys experiencing things for the first time. It reminds me so much of my own kids - the first time they had McDonald's (they dove into the french fries and were astonished by the toys inside thier Happy Meals) and Baskin Robin's (both wound up with hot fudge-covered faces). These are some of the many joys of adopting "older" kids. You get to experience these things with them right away!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is nothing like seeing kid's firsts. I bet that was quite an experience for everyone.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Random Tidbits
First Haircuts
New things
Quick Update
Family pics
Introducing My 2 New Sons
We're home!
Hello! This blog is actually being posted by K's s...
Waiting Period- Days 7 & 8
Waiting Period- Days 5 & 6




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER