Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Random Tidbits

Everyone else has done a random tidbit post, so I will take my turn.

Remember that FedEx package that I overnighted for $136 on June 13 that carried last minute medicals, etc.? Remember how 2 days before we left we had to redo them all because the whole FedEx flight had been retained? Well, guess what, they're STILL in Moscow!!! I'm so glad we didn't wait on them or chance that they would make it. FedEx is reimbursing our $136, but we had to file a claim for our loss of value on the paperwork. I doubt we'll get that back.

H finally had her appointment for her back today. We found out she has kyphosis. What's kyphosis? It's kind of like scoliosis, just a different direction. The spine is bowing outward. She has to attend physical therapy several times a week for 4-6 weeks and then will be put on a home program. We go back in 4 months and recheck. If there is little or no improvement, she will probably end up in a brace. Pray for her. She is a precious, tough 11 year old girl who has been through the wringer with her body. She's spent more time in an orthopedist's office and in therapy than most of us see in a lifetime. She would like to return to the sport she loves, but right now, chances are slim.

L & El's bloodwork came back clear. Praise God!! No Hep B or other things. L has an appointment in Sept. with the gastrointerologist and will have to have an endoscope done to check on his esophogus burn. Both boys have cardiology appointments in October for the possible heart problems. I'm hoping they are minor or nothing at all.

Language acquisition is going slowly. Right now, I think we have learned more Russian than they have learned English. My oldest four are spouting off Russian phrases left and right. They understand when the boys need drinks, don't like something, or need to use the restroom. They even speak Russian to us on occasion. Every once in a while the bwins will mix Russian and English. For example, the other day one of the gwins asked for ice cream. With bright eyes, the boys said, "Ya hachoo ice cream." Translation: I want ice cream. Last night J donned his cape and they were chasing him around saying, "Tsupernan"(Superman). We also bought new "bruss er tees" at WalMart. What is this you ask? Toothbrushes. Every day and night we tell them, "Time to brush your teeth" or "Go brush your teeth". After our trip to Walmart, they proudly showed Papa their new "bruss er tees".

Well, enough random tidbits. The pic at the top is one of my favorites of the boys and me. It was taken at the orphanage during our waiting period. Everyone says they look like me. In fact, the stewardess on the plane from Moscow to Atlanta didn't realize they were adopted until she heard them speak Russian three-fourths of the way through the trip. I guess I just had to go to the other side of the world to get kids who looked like me. Ha!
posted by 6blessings @ 2:27 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    It's funny that everyone says they look like you because that is the first thing I thought when I saw that picture!!! They are so handsome! How is the transition going? Do you think it eases the transition since they are with each other? Congratulations on your beautiful family!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim,

    They do look like you. I told D's mom how much I thought you three resembled. Sounds like it is going well- I knew it would though! Tell the family hello!!

    Lorrie

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    So glad that their blood work came back clear. I'll say a prayer that the heart issues are nothing or minor.

    I vividly remember that half-English, half-Russian language. I still find myself saying bits of Russian here and there. I say Nyet to my dog all the time!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    Preevyet! I just LOVE this picture! It does show how much the boys look like you!

    I am SO glad you are getting a reimbursement! DHL got my package there in 8 days. If necessary, I will be using them in the future.

    Thank you for your comment - it helped me calm down...and it's all working out just like you said it would! God is working!

    H is in my prayers...

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger sandy said…

    I'll join in and say that I thought that the boys looked liked you too when I first saw the picture. =) I hope H's back heals... I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending some prayers up for all your family's health. Thanks for sending us some tidbits!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Very exciting that you are getting a refund from FedEx.
    Praying for H. Keep us updated.
    So glad the bwins blood work came back clean.
    That’s neat how your other kids are now learning Russian. It’s amazing how fast kids pick up languages. Wish we adults could do the same thing.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim! They are gorgeous! You are so blessed indeed. Look so biological! Am new to the adoption arena and have followed your blog the past six weeks. Wonder, how did it come about that the agency recommended 5 yrold twins after the younger ones were what you had originally listed. I think. Correct me. How does that work? And will they attend Kindergarten this year or do you wait a year? I have other questions if time ever allows.... my email is lamaterrell@verizon.net Thanks!!! And God Bless, The Terrells

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    That toothbrush story is SO funny. Its fun seeing new everything is to them. They definitely look like you and that is a great photo.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Brian & Rebeca said…

    Congratulations, Pretty mami and gorgeous boys! I showed the pictures of your kids to my mom and even though she raised 5 kids, she thought you were some kind of a hero!
    This is a great family story of love.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Chris Sapp said…

    Another fellow adoptive mom blogger steered me your way. We just adopted two children from Kazakhstan in December after losing two others. Your boys are very handsome...and YES! they do look like you! Congratulations on your new famil!

    Michelle
    www.sappfamilyadoption.blogspot.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

First Haircuts
New things
Quick Update
Family pics
Introducing My 2 New Sons
We're home!
Hello! This blog is actually being posted by K's s...
Waiting Period- Days 7 & 8
Waiting Period- Days 5 & 6
Waiting Period- Days 3 & 4




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER