Saturday, July 08, 2006
Waiting Period- Days 3 & 4
I feel like I'm serving a prison sentence! This waiting is pure torture! It would be okay if we got to see the kids, but there is so much time between the short moments we have with them.

Yesterday was difficult. We spent all day around here. We did find a larger church and got to take it all in. It was so ornate. The art was incredible. It was very interesting. The rest of the day drug on forever. I thought it was never going to end! By the end of it, I was a basket case. I missed all my children- all six of them! I just wanted to be done and be home. The four walls of our tiny hotel room are closing in fast. The weather has been so nice, but it has been overcast and rainy the last few days. I think that has contributed some to my mood.

Today was better. We got to go see the boys. It was the best time ever!! Both boys ran right to us and jumped in our arms. They talked non-stop and were all smiles. They really opened up today and ventured out to test some limits. We said, "Nyet," several times today. They were hilarious. Once I was trying to get a picture of the two of them together. They started making silly faces. I got some great pictures and even greater memories! They are really funny. Looks like we've got some more hams. They'll fit right in with you, little J.

We had to stay inside the whole time we were there, about an hour and a half. They are really trying their hand at English and doing very well. They were hesitant at first, but will now repeat almost anything we ask them to, and some that we don't. I even got an "I love you" when we were leaving, repeated in English. They still seemed hesitant when we left and it's getting harder for us. Some of the other families now have their kids at the hotel with them. We are hoping maybe we can do that soon too. We're going to ask. We don't know when we will go back. They just say that they'll telephone us. I don't think I can take much more of this. I'm going stir crazy.

Tina: Yahoo!!! Court dates!! I had a feeling you might have received yours. We saw the lawyer hand M a piece of paper with dates on it. We thought you might be on there. I'm so excited. I'm working on a very special project for you to try and fill my time. I'm mapping out the places we've been and telling you what we've eaten and where. It's kind of a guide to living here in the hotel. Hopefully it will be of some use. Although, maybe you will be closer to your girls since there is a hotel in their city. That would be so much better. Then you wouldn't have to go through this agony! Congratulations once again, mama!!

Kids: We miss you more than words can say. I know this may be the last communication for a while. I'm sure Nai Nai or Candi would take you to the library to get on the internet. Once we're in Moscow, we'll be able to call. That will be even better. I'm sorry it is so long. Soon it will be over and we'll all be together- all 8 of us! Hope you enjoyed your next package. Three down, two to go! We love you!
posted by 6blessings @ 8:31 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Wow. I kinda thought people got to be with their kids during the ten days. Time must be moving at a snail's pace for you.

    I do hope they will let you take the kids to the hotel. That would be a nice "getting to know you" time.

    Best,

    Suzanne

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NAI--how happy I am for you all. will do my best with kids. Love you all.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi mommy and daddy!!! we went and saw "Oklahoma" last night and it was really cool!!!!! i could only take one pic because we can't have flash and our camera's won't have to have flash. i got a cute little coin purse for a souvineer(i don't know if that's spelled right or not, sorry). well i better go. luv ya!!!
    love,
    H

    hi mommy and daddy i miss you so much. i'm so glad we get to have two knew brothers! i hope you come home soon! bye.
    love,
    Z

    dear mommy and daddy i miss you guy ssssssooooooooooo much, but it's not to long until you come home. i loved "Oklahoma" so much mommy. i glad that you get to get the bwins.
    love,
    E

    hi mommy and daddy i love you so much! i miss you so so much.
    love,
    J

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Well your kiddos are now in the safe hands of Nai and Candi. They were really tired after getting home so late from "Oklahoma" last night. Think they really enjoyed it. Esp. the girls. Jo liked the horses, guns, and lassoes. He has just been a shadow to PaPa since Fri. night. Know he hated it when he couldn't be home to play with him. Hopefully the worse of the new computer system is over and people can get back to "normal" living. We didn't go to S.S. this a.m. as just let the kids sleep in. They all slept from Catoo-- on to our meeting place. Gwen Bai-- gave me some Scriptures to share with you when I told her that you had said you felt as if you were enduring a prison sentence. Well, somewhere I have lost them. If I find them I will share them later. Sure do hope they let you have your little ones at the hotel. Seems like that would be better so you all could get some bonding done. Oh well, guess that's just one more thing to pray about. Take Care.
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    I am so sorry you are having to wait without being able to see the boys much! I do not understand! Oh, I am praying I can stay in P with the girls! As I prepare, I have so many questions for you: what's the weather like? What are the kids wearing? What's proper court attire? Right now, I'm working on medicals and maternity leave.

    I am so thrilled to finally have the dates and I certainly am not complaining, but it would have been so nice to go while L and I were out of school for 3 months. The girls will have very little time to adjust before rushing into school. And I hate to miss several of L's football games as a senior. I've never missed any! But if I must, I can't think of a better reason!

    Thanks so much for thinking of me as you create the travel guide. You know me - that guide is the only way I would venture out. It will be invaluable to me!

    Your ten days are almost up. I don't want to imagine how hard it is. I'm so glad you have D there with you. Every day that goes by is a day closer to bringing those beautiful boys home!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim! Prayers are with you that the time will not drag and you will not have to tell the bwins good-bye anymore. You both have been in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well and you are back home soon! We all miss you!

    Tom and Jerry are doing fine! Amber was harrassing them just now and got bored so she flopped down in front of my computer as much to say 'why won't they play w/me?'

    Not much going on here. Can't wait for you all to get back w/your precious family additions!

    Take care and God Speed!
    Tonya

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Waiting Period- Day 2
Waiting Period- Day 1
Independence Day
Court- Day 1
Longest Day and the Best Morning
Lasts and Firsts
Priceless
Testing
Packing
Showers of Blessings




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER