Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Testing
I am being tested today and I refuse to be pulled down. A few days ago I crumbled when we had trouble. Today our trouble is even worse, but I'm not going to be defeated. The troubles of a few days ago were a few medical licenses. We have worked hard and we just found out today that we have them all now. Woo Hoo!!

However, we've been thrown another major road block. Remember the paperwork I overnighted by FedEx to Russia for $136 two weeks ago? Well, it isn't there. It arrived in Moscow two days after I sent it and has been stuck in customs ever since. I have made numerous urgent phone calls to FedEx to no avail. They have no control over Russian customs. Apparently, Russia is checking 100 percent of everything coming in to the country. Everything is in a big pile-up. Our paperwork is somewhere lost in the shuffle. FedEx apparently has hired some legal representatives to try to remedy the situation, but we all know what that means! More time!

Therefore, our agency has told us it is in our best interest to redo all of the documents we sent in that package, renotarize, reapostille, and hand carry them in when we leave in two and a half days. They will have one day to translate them before we go to court! It is too risky to think that the FedEx package will clear customs and make it to region in the next 3 business days. So, we have been calling all of the people we need to redo things and are hoping to get it together in time. In the meantime, I'm not getting anywhere on the packing side of things or cleaning my house. Of course, it has to be perfect when we bring our children home. I guess I shouldn't be blogging, but it really does help relieve some of the stress. Besides, your support and encouragement is invaluable to me. A few minutes isn't going to make a big difference in the overall scheme of things, right? :-)

All of that said, I know that it will all work out! I will NOT "freak out" this time. I know who called us to this and I know He will see it through. The Bible says that testing develops perseverance and perseverance develops character and character develops hope. I believe that we will get on a plane in 2 and a half days with everything we need to come home with our children. God is bigger than any brick wall we come against.
posted by 6blessings @ 3:21 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's awful Kim- I hope you can pull everything together without going crazy. Ugh! Good luck.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Goodness Kim! I wish I were closer and I'd come help you! I'll keep you right on the tippy-top of my prayer list the next couple of days!!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God is FAITHFUL!!!!!! He will make the way for you! If you could only know how proud we are of you and Damon!!!! Some things just can't be said with words. They are just INTENSE feelings within our hearts. What a wonderful testimony you will have when all this is over! We love you and will be praying for you constantly!!! Can't wait to see our new sweet grandsons!!!! Love, Mom and Dad

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    You Can Do It! Notarize! Drive! Apostille! Recruit other people. Delegate. Go Go Go.

    Keeping you in our prayers,

    Suzanne

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Praying for you and your family. Can't imagine the stress you are under right now. It will be over soon and everything will fall into place.
    Praying!

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    Our God is a BIG God. He is walking beside you every step of the way. I know this will work out. You've got people all over praying for you.

    I know its been tough, but I can't tell you how excited I am for you guys. Oh those clothes in your last post are SO cute!!

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Not fun. But you can do this. Prioritize things by what has to get done down to the things that would be nice to have done. Just cross off as many as you can. Like Suz, I wish I could come help.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    How frustrating to have to redo everything. That is the adoption circus for you! Your faith is such a good example to me. Thanks for pushing on. Those kids are worth it and I can't wait to see them home.

    One thing though- the boys will probably not care if your home is clean. Just a guess. But I understand I would be the same way about wanting it to be perfect. Not having things perfect would probably be a bigger stressor than just cleaning everything.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    I'm sure you'll get everything done. I like the list idea, prioritize and check things off. Delegating is also important... I tend to try to do everything myself. I'm sure you can get some help with the packing & cleaning so you can focus on the paperwork stuff. Good luck! Thinking of you!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Kim, I've been praying for you so much last night and today! Keep on, you're nearly to the finish line!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Packing
Showers of Blessings
Stumbling to the Finish Line
Life Lessons
Birthday Fun
Happy 15th Anniversary!
The High Cost of Peace of Mind
Happy Birthday, Dear 6 Year Old!!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paperwork Woes




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER