Monday, June 26, 2006
Packing



Packing has been so much harder this time around. Before, there was no court, no hot weather clothing issues, no little boys' clothes, 6 days instead of 3 weeks. This time, we have to pack for court- not just one day, but two. The weather is hot in region, yet sandals/flip flops aren't really okay. We're staying a whole lot longer.

As far as the boys go, I have packed and repacked and repacked again. I have gone shopping, taken stuff back, gone shopping again, and taken stuff back again. Do you know how hard it is to buy stuff for 5 year old boys that weigh 26 pounds and are generally the size of 2 year olds? How do we know how much they've grown in the last 3 months? We took measurements but they seem unrealistic. I bought all 3T pants and then got out their measurements. Everything was 2 inches too long and 2 1/2 inches too wide in the waist. However, when I look at 2T clothing, I think they look too small. I remember being totally shocked at how tiny they were when we met them, but now it seems unimaginable.

Also, I had bought several short outfits, but everyone says that even the kids don't really wear shorts there. So, the shorts went back into the drawer. What I ended up with is the stuff in the pictures at the top. My favorite thing is the light-up tennis shoes. I can't wait to see their faces when they take a step and their shoes light up. I know tennies aren't great either in Russia, but I'm not budging there. Tennis shoes with velcro- the only way to go! The only thing I didn't take a picture of was the belts to hold the big pants up, the socks, and the totally cool Superman and Spiderman underwear big brother picked out for them. :-)
posted by 6blessings @ 12:55 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Oh I hear you. Our 4 yr old (almost 5) is a 2T. I have no idea what to pack. I think we'll just shop when we are there. I don't know. My ability to make decisions is deteriorating rapidly . . .

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Kim, e-mail me privately with your home address and I'll send you a copy of the Dateline story, I taped it last night. susieyarb@yahoo.com

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    The clothes are really cute. Two of everything!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Brian & Rebeca said…

    Kim,

    Thanks for your message in our blog. We pray that God will show you His presence in every step and every situation, or better yet, that He would open your eyes, so you can see it clearly. Best for you as you go to Russia to pick up the well dressed to be and blessed boys.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    Oh too cute Kim! Matching stuff. Fun! I hear you on the sizes. Pickle is 20 mo and at 18 mo he was wearing a 12 mo. My 8 mo old godson wears a 12 mo!!! AHH. I am going to start getting E hand me downs pretty soon.

    I say take a couple pairs of shorts for the boys in case it is super hot. Especially for when you are in your hotel. Lounging around in your own space will be fine for short pants. No Babushkas looking over your shoulder.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    You are such a good mom- wanting to make sure everything is just right. You might consider purchasing some clothes for them while you are there. I have heard a lot of people get sizes wrong and end up doing that anyway.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    totally cute outfits. i think you've done well!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Showers of Blessings
Stumbling to the Finish Line
Life Lessons
Birthday Fun
Happy 15th Anniversary!
The High Cost of Peace of Mind
Happy Birthday, Dear 6 Year Old!!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paperwork Woes
What to Wear




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER