Wednesday, June 14, 2006
The High Cost of Peace of Mind
Well, I found out yesterday how much peace of mind costs. A lot!!! I finally got the last of our paperwork that was redone picked up from the doctor yesterday. I then booked it to the Secretary of State to get it apostilled. $220 dollars later I left with it in my hands. I went to Kinkos and copied it all off and then went to FedEx it. I'm sure some of you know how much that costs, but I didn't. We had to make sure it got there quickly because we are running out of time. We paid $136 to have it there by Friday. The only other option was to get it there next week sometime, maybe, for $91. We opted for peace of mind that it was there in time. Anyway, it's done.

We also hit a snag with our visas. The agency we are getting them through called and said we had filled out the wrong form and needed to redo it that day or our visas would not go through in time. We downloaded the "right" form and realized it was exactly the same. The only difference was the "old" form had grid-type blocks to write your letters in. The "new" one just had an open box. Some of this stuff is absurd. Anyway, after faxing it twice to them, they said it was finally all okay and would get it done.

Now all we have left is to get a copy of these 2 medical licenses and one CPA license that expire 4 days before court. I've been calling the licensing agencies, bugging them to get them to the people, get me a copy, or something!! After I have those in my hand, I will breathe easier.
posted by 6blessings @ 11:32 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Elle said…

    And I thought the $45 I paid last time was high! Of course our paperwork was only going to Alaska.

    Best Wishes!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger sandy said…

    Whew! That's one heck of a FedEx bill! And you can rest easier now too. They were concerned about your visa applications??? Yikes! We filled out the forms with the boxes too (how tedious is that?!). I saw the open-spaced forms on the internet but didn't use those because I thought I'd better use the exact forms our agency sent us. Well, I guess I'll see. =) Good luck getting the licenses. (and these don't need to be notarized/apostilled too?) You're getting so close!!!!

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger 6blessings said…

    Yes, Sandy, the licenses have to be notarized and apostilled too. We've called the medical licensing agency and they say both of our doctors are being renewed but they are having a big conference right now and are snowed under. They told us to call back later. You can count on the fact that we will! OVER AND OVER!! :-)

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    The costs are horrible. I feel like just giving everyone our bank account number and saying- take what you need! It is all going to drain out anyway. I just hope there is a child at the end of it all.

    You are doing great with getting everything done. You are amazing! I am so excited about your up coming trip!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Happy Birthday, Dear 6 Year Old!!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paperwork Woes
What to Wear
Happy Birthday, Dear 5 Year Olds!!!
Prayer Needed
Itinerary Complete
8, not 6
Angel with Cross Pictures
Birthday Package




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER