Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Angel with Cross Pictures



When I posted about our trip last time, I posted a picture of this statue. Someone had asked for more explanation on it. Here is the information I have. The city's name means "City of the Cross". From what we have researched and understand, this city used to be an underground hideout for Christians who were fleeing persecution. I am assuming that the statue is symbolic of the name of the city and what it originated from many years ago. It is right next the the town square (you can see it in the background). I will post more pics of the square soon.
posted by 6blessings @ 6:50 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Very cool statue. I'd feel protected if that was on my front lawn.

    Only a month to go and your kids will be yours!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Birthday Package
COURT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Courage of Grace
One month ago...
Happy Mother's Day
Poster Child
Thought I'd give everyone a laugh today. This was ...
Updates- Non-Adoption
Adoption Updates
Trip 1/Day 5 & 6




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER