Thursday, July 06, 2006
Waiting Period- Day 2
Not much news. We've just had a quiet day hanging out. We didn't get to go see the boys today and we won't tomorrow either. We will go again on Saturday morning. There are several other families here that are also waiting their ten days. Our orphanage is so far away and so are several of the others, all in different directions. We're having to take turns visiting our kids. Only one lady has her daughter here in the city. She walks to her orphanage and sees her every day. It has been good to visit with others who speak English! There is quite a variety of new families. Some are singles, some young couples, and one older couple (late 50s). They are all getting what would be considered older children, all ages 5 and up. We've not encountered any younger children adoptions here.

We have done a lot of walking. We went to another city park today where there was a very large stone with three faces carved into it. It is at least 20 feet tall and 3 or 4 times as long. It was amazing. It had a flame burning by it too. We have no idea what it was for or who they were, but we are assuming it is a veteran's memorial. There were several plaques with names listed on them. We also went into a little nearby chapel. We looked at all of their icons and decorations and they even let us take a few pictures. I noticed that all of the women wear head coverings when they enter the church. I felt irreverant when we were there. The lady at the church was selling candles and icons. We wanted to buy something to help out but didn't know what. I saw some head coverings for sale and decided I could be more prepared the next time we went to a church. We're thinking about trying to catch a service.

We tried our hand at the billiard table in the hotel. We paid for an hour's time. Within that hour we were able to knock in approximatelly 6 balls. Yes, that is our total. It was a 10 foot pool table whose pockets were designed with edges pointing outward to where it was almost an impossibility to sink a ball unless it was a direct shot. Even then, you had to have luck on your side. The ball just barely edged through the opening. Needless to say, we had a lot of laughs!

Other than that, we've been reading a lot. Mom, I finished "Redeeming Love". It was very good. I've started "Even Now". We've also kept busy doing crossword puzzles and trying to learn Sudoku. We both hate it! I guess we aren't patient enough with it yet. We are also playing some cards.

To all of my bloggy adoption friends: I am not able to check all of your blogs because we only have access to dial up for about 30 minutes. If any of you receive your referrals or court dates, please post it here on my blog so I will know. I am still praying daily for all of you to get over here with me. I want to say "Yahoo" along with you.
posted by 6blessings @ 6:35 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I could tell you about the referral we received, but since we haven't received one that would be difficult. Sigh.

    The little church sounds neat. I bet it is cool to just be there and soak in the culture and history of Russia.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi mommy and daddy i can't talk long we're about to leave. i'm glad you had a good time with the bwins!!! i learned "When the Saints go Marching in" duet with Jen!!! i'm so excited!!! i better go now i'll post another comment later on! i love you!
    love,
    H

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim and Damon! Kids spent another night at Jen's and they all said they had a wonderful time. I sort of felt bad having them come here since there is so much more company there for them. Dad isn't getting to be with them much and Jo esp. misses him. Hopefully Sat. he won't work and then he can play with them. I've got them all down for a nap now. Jo and Han didn't want to but I told them they had to rest a little while. Both were asleep quick. Ed and Zi quickly jumped at the chance. I took them to the store and each bought the boys some toys as a welcome home gift. Swimming seems to be their most favorite thing so I'll probably take them swimming tonight - esp. if dad continues working. Glad you enjoyed the book. Did it bring tears to your eyes about how much God loves us. It sure did me!! Love, Mom

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad you have short segments of time to post. It's so good to hear about your trip. I'm so happy to hear about all the older children being adopted -- you know that's where my heart is!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim, we're having a discussion about the weight of your little ones at birth. We know E and Z but have varying weights for H and J. I think we got to talking about this subject when you were discussing L and E's weight. Anyway, help us out here in the U.S.A. Thanks Love, Mom

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    That's cool that there's a lot of older children who are being adopted! I wish you could see the boys more often, but I guess that you'll see them VERY often soon enough :)

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi mommy and daddy it's me again they wanted to talk to you for a minute.

    hi mommy and daddy i miss you guys! i hope hope you come home safe.
    love,
    Z

    hi mommy and daddy i miss you a lot, lot, lot, lot! i thought it was going to be five more days until you get here but it's really two more weeks. i love all four of you and miss you.
    love,
    E

    hi mommy and daddy (and bwins)! we're watching the beach boys on the Today show. E was really getting into it!:) J didn't want to say anything. i don't know how we'll get to talk to you at Nai's if she doesn't have internet. i was wondering if C has internet at her house. We all pllayed cash last night and i won twice out of a lot. one week down two more to go until we get to see our new brothers. yeah!!! well i better go eat bfast. i love and miss all four of you!!!
    love,
    H

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    Kim, I wouldn't be surprised if you heard me in Russia! I'm screaming because I have the date! I just, only moments ago, got off the phone with A. She was very patient with me! No matter how many times you envision the reaction, words cannot really describe what happens. WHEW! August 21st and 22nd! Thanks for your continued prayers! Even in my hysteria, I'm thinking of you, D, L and E, and H,E,Z, and J. Hope you're having a good time and enjoying the sites. Give the boys a kiss!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read the blogs and found out that H was concerned about hearing from you while she's in Hin. I told her that I would call her any evening that we have heard and read it to her over the phone. Then I'll take down any messages from them to you and I'll post them for her. That seemed to relieve her. We're going to Oklahoma tonight. I sure hope they all enjoy it. Love, Mom

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Waiting Period- Day 1
Independence Day
Court- Day 1
Longest Day and the Best Morning
Lasts and Firsts
Priceless
Testing
Packing
Showers of Blessings
Stumbling to the Finish Line




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER