Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Independence Day
Happy Independence Day to all of you back in the good ole USA!!! Boy, would we like to be there enjoying the fireworks! We have a lot to celebrate. We have our own fireworks going off in our hearts and we are celebrating our own independence day here. At approximately 2:40 a.m. Oklahoma time, the boys became our sons officially. I can't describe the feelings that overtook me when the judge made her decree. There were many wet eyes in the courtroom! Their "Gotcha Day" will always be celebrated big, as not only will we celebrate America's freedom, but also theirs. What an awesome day!

Thanks for all of the comments about taking in their culture. We fully plan on doing that. We have been taking lots of pictures. We bought little Stavropol Krai flags yesterday for both boys to put in their memory books. (Tonya, I will take you up on the scrapbooking help.) We are going later today to see an old fortress and statue dedicated to soldiers in WWII. We haven't heard when we will get to return to the orphanage to see our sons. It's kind of weird to know they are ours, but we can't even see them on the day they enter our family. We want to give them big hugs and hold them tightly. I guess we have forever to do that!

Family: Glad to hear the wedding went well. H, I'm glad you saved the day!

J: You're officially a big brother now!! I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see you at the airport in a few weeks with your "Big Brother" shirt on. The bwins couldn't ask for a better big brother!! I love you.

H, E, and Z: You are already the best 3 big sisters in the world! Now you will be the best to not just one, but three brothers! I'm so proud of each of you for your understanding of our time away from each other so we can bring them home. I love all of you.

To everyone else:
Clarification of some vocabulary: To all of you out there wondering about the word "bwins":
Since our family now has two sets of twins, we devised some new words to be able to tell them apart. Bwins: Boy twins Gwins: Girl twins
Now you know! A little strange, but it works.

Happy Independence Day to all! Set off some fireworks and celebrate big for us too!
posted by 6blessings @ 1:30 AM  
14 Comments:
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Congratulations! You're now officially a family of 8 (gulp)!

    I had guessed bwins and gwins. That's very clever.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Congratz! I can't wait to see a new family picture of all the kids.
    Now you can just relax and enjoy the rest of the trip I hope.

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love you and my new little brothers! i'm so excited i'm a new big brother!!
    love,
    J

    i love you mommy and bwins! i can't wait to see you all at the airport! i miss you so much. i'm glad that i have two new brothers now!
    love,
    E

    hi mommy and daddy i miss you so much! i'm so glad we get some new brothers! i can't wait to see you at the airport.
    love,
    Z

    hi!!! mema's not up yet but we're about to wake her up!! i'm so excited i want to scream!!!! i have two new brothers!! wow! now i am the oldest of six!! i have big butterflies in my stomach!! i better go now. i love and miss you!!! try to tell the bwins i love them too. if you can. :)
    love,
    H

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MeMa woke up and came in while they were writing their last blog and then I read the blog and cried!!! Happy tears, of course. Think the kids thought I was a little crazy!! I had just had my quiet time with the Lord and this is the very first scripture that I read.

    O clap your hands, all you people! Shout to God with the voice of triumph and songs of joy!!

    How much more appropriate a verse for this very day!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are SO excited!! I have tried to call PaPa but so far can't get him. I know he'll be so excited too. Well, found out that the phones aren't working at dad's work. Evidentally they ring in but then can't be answered inside. Dad sort of knew you'd write early so he borrowed a cell phone and called here. I got to tell him the "great news"! He said he was SO sorry you all couldn't see them today!!! Well, we're ALL thrilled!!! Now begins all my calls to my friends to tell them I'm a new grandma once again. Love, Mom

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    Congratulations!!! I am SO happy for you, your family and the new little boys! I can't wait to see pictures too. Please keep us posted with details of your stay in Russia, if you can. I am thanking God today that you have be united!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Brian & Rebeca said…

    Congratulations!!! What a wonderful Independance Day your family will have from now on!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    It is such a treat to be able to watch this. Thank you and blessings to you all.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy for you! I grew up in a family of 9 children and it was so fun! Your kids will love it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time there. I love reading about your experience!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    What a rich blessing to wake up to this morning! Congrats to you and your new family. Can't wait to see photos.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A big congrats to you and yours. I am so glad you are able to share the news. I pray you will get to see your new boys and share the great news with them. My girls have big plans for your kiddos when they get out this way. They are counting the days. Anyway, just wanted to say how excited we are for you all.

    Tere

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    Congratulations on your new bwins! It's so sweet to see the postings from your other little ones. Hope you are having fun and get to see the boys again soon!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Hooray! I'm so happy to read this news today and I hope you didn't have to wait too long to hug those bwins!!

    Fireworks will fly all over the country tonight and they'll have a double meaning this year for your family and the many blog friends you've gathered.

    Thanks so much for sharing your story with us all!

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Поздравляю! WONDERFUL news! I am SO excited! Finally - you are mom to six! I cannot wait to see you and the boys! And to hear about court! Tell the proud papa "здравствуй" :)Tina

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    K&D,
    Heard from Mom today. She hasn't been able to read any of this yet. Since it was the 4th, the library was closed so I called Liz B. and she read the blog to me on the phone and I cried. We are so happy. Cade is here and says, "How has been your life, I hope it hasn't been too bad. I hope you can come see me sometime. I hope you have a good time in Oklahoma." That is for the boys, of course. C&C

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Court- Day 1
Longest Day and the Best Morning
Lasts and Firsts
Priceless
Testing
Packing
Showers of Blessings
Stumbling to the Finish Line
Life Lessons
Birthday Fun




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER