Thursday, July 27, 2006
New things




Here's some of my favorite pics of them discovering things for the first time- plane ride, washing machine, portable CD player, and slide.

The plane ride was their first one, out of our region to Moscow. They both fell asleep about half an hour into the flight and slept for about 30 minutes. They loved looking out of the window.

The washing machine was a small washer/dryer in our apartment in Moscow. Yes, it washed and dried. It took about an hour and a half to wash and 3 hours to dry. It didn't hardly hold 2 outfits of theirs, but it provided a lot of entertainment! They watched it forever. When it would stop moving, they would bang on it in hopes of getting it going again.

They were non-stop movers in Moscow, until I pulled out the portable CD player. They were fascinated with it and sat for at least 30 minutes, still as could be, listening. It became our bedtime or resting time ritual. It was the only thing they would be still for.

The slide was in the bottom of the mall by our hotel in Stavropol. I don't think they had ever been down one before. L took right to it. El was a little more hesitant. He would walk up to it, sit down, then stand back up and walk away. Eventually, he held D's hand and went down. After a few times like this, he finally let go and went on his own. After that, there was no stopping them.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:38 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are so happy for you guys. Its amazing to watch God work in your lives!
    All 6 of your kids are precious. I got to say hello to your gwins the other day when they were with Tere.
    For a comparison, My Isaac weighs 25 pounds. He's 18 months.
    Have lots of fun and God bless.
    Liz Brack

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Tina said…

    Thanks for sharing the pictures! L and El are so precious! I started my blog while you were in Russia, so that I could keep everyone updated when I finally get to go in 23 days! I've learned ALOT from you on this journey and I am very thankful you are my friend!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Precious! Thanks for sharing. I love the one in the plane window.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I love the pictures! On the plane ride home, the one thing that kept my 3 yr old occupiped the entire time was the in-flight headset. He loved listening to the music and playing with the controls on the arm rest. Funny how the things we take for granted are completely fascinating to our kids. It is so wonderful to see them experiencing things for the first time. And at the 3-5 year old age range, everything is so exciting to them.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Isn't it simultaneously fun and sad to see them experience simple things for the first time?

    On Peanut's first day here he was amazed at my plates. I couldn't figure that out, but later learned that at the orphanage there weren't enough plates for the kids. Two or three had to eat off of the same plate. (My host group sent plates over as a New Year's present for the orphanage.) Peanut probably thought my 8 plates for one person were incredible!

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Thank you so much for taking the time to share. I practically memorize your posts.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are SO cute! I bet you love sharing "firsts" with them!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger sandy said…

    Hi Kim! I'm so excited to finally have the time to read up on your trip and see the pictures of the boys and your family. I am so happy for you! And thank you for sharing all of your story with us. The boys look so sweet. You are blessed!

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Yes we are in the middle of Dallas/Ft Worth. It would be very fun to get all the kids together one day.
    I hope you guys find the right car. 8 people is hard to seat. Friend of ours has 5 kids and a van. It's a little snug with car seats sometimes. Are the boys going to be in car seats for awhile because of their size?

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    i just can't get over how adorable they are! they look very happy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Quick Update
Family pics
Introducing My 2 New Sons
We're home!
Hello! This blog is actually being posted by K's s...
Waiting Period- Days 7 & 8
Waiting Period- Days 5 & 6
Waiting Period- Days 3 & 4
Waiting Period- Day 2
Waiting Period- Day 1




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER