Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Self-imposed haircuts
A few years ago, my dad had surgery. I went up to be with my mom and him. While I was gone, I got a phone call from D saying that something had happened. Z had found some scissors and had given not only herself a haircut, but had also given J one. Two haircuts later we evened things out. J had to be buzzed off.

Well, I was gone again this last weekend to a gymnastics competition in Texas. When I arrived home, I found out that L had given himself a haircut, right to the scalp on the very front. Of course, he knew he was in trouble and so he told D that El had done it to him. Ugh! D took him in to buzz him off. He tried going around it to even things out, but it was impossible. He had to totally shave him. Then he told El it was his turn. I asked why El's had to be shaved too and he just replied, "They're twins." Anyway, we found a pretty good sized scar on El's head when we shaved it. There is no hair growth there. El has no memory of what happened. I guess some mysteries will always remain just that.


Here's the boys sporting their new buzzes. I think it makes them look more alike and really brings out their eyes! I think I'll remove all scissors from the house the next time I take a trip for a few days. :-)



posted by 6blessings @ 12:40 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like dad may need extra eyes! Ha

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    oh no. Hey, did you get the stuff I sent?

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh boy! Been there and done that. Even when Hailey was 11 yrs. old she thought it would be funny to take a snip out of Buddy's hair. Well, since she did it he thought he could trim a little on his own. It looked like he mowed right down the middle of his head. Needless to say, he was buzzed very short. ;-) I hope to e-mail you in the next week to fill you in on some good stuff. ;-) The girls are sure getting bigger and even prettier if that is possible! C-Ya, Lorrie

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    gosh, they are so cute.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    I think they look great! And short hair just in time for the warmer months. Abby tried a little beauty shop magic on Marina a few months ago, but after the first snip she thought better of it, so it wasn't too noticable. At least with boys you have the buzz option.
    You were in Texas and didn't stop by to see me? How thoughtless of you...

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Lea said…

    From what I have seen, I think I would think about removing them from my house too, if I were going to be gone and leave the kids with my husband. I'm a better multi-tasker. When he is watching the boys, things tend to happen:).

    I think the boys look really cute with their new haircuts though. You're right, it really brings out their eyes.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Every kid has to cut their own hair (or someone else's) at some point. It's a right of passage. Regardless, they look cute as can be with their buzzcuts.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    I swear I was going to write the exact thing that Magaret said. We must be having some sort of ESP thing going on.

    They look cute with buzzes- at least they are not girls!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    I love the new haircuts! They look great :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Shirts
Tasty Pink Sugar
2007 Tour of Homes
Weekending
Home
TV Special
Circus Fun
Language Progressions
7 Months...Still Learning
Hoping to Preserve Culture and Language




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER