Thursday, June 05, 2008
Gymnastics Finale
Last night was the big gym end-of-season banquet. We rented the banquet room at Spaghetti Warehouse and had a great time. The meal was delicious. Then we started with the awards. Every child got a certificate. Then other awards were handed out.

Here's what our family brought in, minus one plaque.

The bright colored flowers were given to me on the last night of work. The others were given to me by some of my gymnasts at the banquet. The certificate is for E for being the most improved Level 6 gymnast. The trophy on the right was to Z for being the hardest Level 6 worker. The trophy on the left was for J for being the boy's team "Rookie of the Year". H was picked for the girl's team Leadership Award and received a plaque (not in picture). The other plaque was a coach appreciation plaque for me. Then every year, the gym presents a "Star Award" to someone who contributes a lot to the gym and exhibits great team spirit. It can go to a parent, a gymnast, or a coach. I got quite a surprise when they gave it to me this year.
Last Friday was my last night at work. Everyone surprised me with a going-away party. Each of the gymnasts made homemade cards (the best kind) to give to me. They sat me on a chair and had me read each one of them. They were so cute and sweet. I particularly liked the one that said I looked 17. :-) They also gave me the money tree in the pic above. Then we had a pizza party and ate a beautiful cake that said, "We'll Miss You Coach Kim". It was a very precious time. Lots of tears were shed.

Here's a pic of the Star Award. It said, "Presented to Kim ____, In Appreciation for all your outstanding efforts in coaching and organizing _________ Gymnastics. 2005-2008".

It was such a good time at the banquet last night, full of hugs and memories. It was a great way to wrap everything up.

posted by 6blessings @ 6:17 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger kate said…

    We knew you were a star long ago. Glad the gym agreed!

    What will you fill your gym-time with once you're overseas? Will it leave a big hole?

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger 6blessings said…

    Kate,

    I will miss coaching. However, I think my days will be plenty full educating 6 kids- one in HS, two with learning disabilities/special needs; boiling water to drink, wash dishes and cook with; and managing our household in a different culture. Of course, I'm really looking forward to spending any extra time with my kiddos. They're growing up quickly! Maybe, just maybe, I'll even get to read a book or two. :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Events in the News
Wrapping Things Up Around Here
Thank You
HELP!!!!- FAS/FAE
Cardboard and Duct Tape Boat Races
For Sale- The Best House Ever!!
Firehouse Fun
Gymnastic Happenings
Tattling and Turtles
Gearing Up For Next Year




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER