Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. We had a good day today (except for the three time-outs for lying and disobedience). I decided last weekend that I needed to allow some fun in my life and not just be all about business. You see, I have so much to get done that if I don't stay on target, I get behind and things really snowball. I am also a stickler about getting all of our school days in and finishing all of our curriculum completely. I have learned that if you have too many "fun" days, it doesn't get done at the rate we need it to. Nevertheless, we all had a "fun" day today and still got some education.

I downloaded some Valentine math for everyone. We wrote Valentine stories. The three girls read about the history of St. Valentine and what the story is behind the holiday. BTW, it's very interesting. If you don't know the story, here's the story we read( http://www.isabelperez.com/St%20ValentineStory.htm). It, of course, also had vocabulary, reading comprehension questions, etc. to go with it. We also did some fun Valentine puzzles. The little boys had Valentine papers to practice their letter "E's"(letter of the week) and to write their name on. They also had Valentine coloring sheets(which they painted).

After their Valentine work was done, we picnicked in the living room and watched H's new movie she got for Valentine's Day, "Love's Abiding Joy". It is the latest in the "Love Comes Softly" series by Janette Oke. The series is absolutely wonderful! Then we made Valentine cookie cutouts and decorated them with white and pink icing and plenty of sprinkles.

To top it off, it started snowing this afternoon before we went to gym. The kids thought that was so cool! At gym, we played a Valentine puzzle conditioning game. It was a great way to get our conditioning and strength training done, build teamwork, and have some fun. By the drive afterwards, the roads were getting slick. I slid several times on the way to pick H up from church and almost rear-ended someone at a stoplight. Now, the kids are all tucked in and D and I are going to try to spend a few moments together. It is Valentine's Day, right? :-)

Hope you had a good day too! If you are like me and are all about getting everything done, keeping everything organized, and staying on task, I really recommend having some fun- a little play therapy. It really helps.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:41 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    Hey Kim,
    I'm glad you had a fun Valentine's Day. You are so creative with the activities/lessons you chose. What a cool Mom you are!
    We had a nice day too.
    I am a big fan of the "Love Comes Softly" videos, I've seen all three but I'm an even bigger fan of the books by Jannette Oke. There are 8 of them and they are so good! I hope they continue to make movies from them.
    Blessings,
    Penny

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    It is amazing all that you do! I have to admit that if I did homeschool I would go with the video teacher, tutor route. I am glad to know about the videos. If we get moved to an undesirable location in July I am definitely starting homeschool!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Did you guys feel the earthquakes? I had no idea you had them there. They said you've had a couple in the last 4 days. Wow! Very small ones.
    I love Janette Oke. She's one of my favs. That series is the first I read. I've only seen one of the movies though.
    Glad you were able to have some fun.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Very creative, Kim! It was probably a fun (but still educational) change of pace for the kids and you.

    I like the Love Comes Softly movies. The first one is still my favorite, though. I don't think the actresses that followed got Missy's spunk quite right.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a neat idea Kim! I'll have to do that for Easter time. It would be a nice change of pace.

    Lorrie

    p.s. Glad you are doing better!

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Blogger Ani said…

    Happy Valentine's day to you guys too - looks like you all had a good day.
    I am amazed at all you do, your kids are so blessed to have a mom like you!
    Glad to see things are a bit better on the home-front.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I need to send you all of the teaching stuff I have in my word documents at home. I cant get you the stuff from my classroom since I am taking a couple years off, but I do have some stuff that might be helpful to you. When you get a chance, email me your email address and when I get home I will send you the stuff if you want. adascandlelight@yahoo.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Doing Better
Living for the Weekend
Mixed-up Feelings and Other Odds and Ends
Surprise Letter!!!
Lemons, Gerbils, and Diseases
Shake, Rattle, and Roll with Us
Happy 9th Times Two!!!
Growin' Em "Big" and Brave
Check it out!!
What's up with the weather?




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER