Thursday, March 22, 2007
Blessings Overflowing
As I metioned, what a difference a year makes! A year ago we were suddenly referral-less. We were deeply hurt and in pain and completely broke! We actually didn't have the money to even go on trip one.

As you may remember, God called us to adopt and we had no resources. We were an average family living month to month. We didn't hurt, but we were tight. There was definitely no extra sitting around for extra groceries or any new clothes, much less an international adoption. When we first heard the price tag for adoption we immediately said, "No way, impossible." Then God worked on our hearts, promising He'd take care of us if we would just follow and be obedient.

We sold everything we had, except a miniscule piece of stock, to go on trip one. Now we were completely wiped out, all savings, all everything, plus we had added credit card charges. We had a small garage sale and the Shaohannah's Hope grant between trip one and two. Obviously, we were still greatly in debt. We borrowed some money and took the rest out on credit cards to go on trip two. Still, we trusted. God had promised, and He always keeps His promises.

Many people thought we were crazy. Many amongst Christian circles thought we were unbiblical to be going into debt. Some even doubted our calling. We just felt we had to be obedient, no matter the cost.

Here are the results! In November, right before Thanksgiving, the miniscule piece of stock(extremely small, so small it wasn't even messed with when we were selling everything else) that we had not sold back in April had made back more than we had sold, borrowed, and taken out on credit for trip one!

In February, we were extremely blessed with some income. We went to pay off the adoption debt. Much of it was forgiven to us(thank you so much). The rest was paid off in full, including all credit cards!

But that's not the end! We were also able to pay off several other debts, including vehicles, D's business loans that we used to start his business, doctor bills, and several others. I was able to have well-child check-ups and dental visits for everyone(that's a big deal with an 8 member family). H was due for braces and we were able to pay for them completely in full (she gets them Monday). We put a privacy fence around our property. My father-in-law is on his way over to build a treehouse/swingset for the kids. To top it all off, my dh took me furniture shopping for the first time since we got married almost 16 years ago. We got new living room and bedroom furniture that is being delivered today. (Some friends of ours are in the process of adopting a little girl from China and are having a garage sale. My husband donated all of our furniture to help them. Thus, we needed some new things and were able to get them.)

The blessings just keep pouring in one after the other. Not all of them are material blessings either, many are things you can't touch. For example, Hope Ministry, which was started shortly after we came home, has taken off like wildfire and is being blessed every day. We're getting ready for a huge adoption/foster care symposium in May with 12 different speakers and a professional musician. My children are adjusting so well and we're seeing a difference in their actions and reactions. All 6 of my kids are healthy and thriving. Our faith is continuing to grow and our relationship with God is becoming closer all of the time.

I have been seeing all of these things unfolding and really felt as if I was to testify to His greatness and His goodness. I want Him to get all of the glory for what He has done. He truly is a miracle worker! He holds fast to His word. His blessings are far more than I could ever imagine.

His Word says it best:
Epesians 3:20-21

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
posted by 6blessings @ 6:36 AM  
12 Comments:
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger The family of six said…

    Wow - what a great story! Congratulations!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger mommyto5 said…

    Amen and God Bless, what an awesome,uplifting and inspiring post. Thanks for sharing:)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Lea said…

    Praise the Lord! He is faithful to those who are obedient to his calling. I am happy to hear He is blessing you so abundantly.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger A. Lin said…

    Wow!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy hearing the blessings that others receive. It it a constant reminder of God's love and care for us all. Plus it encourages me to know that we will be able to finish this adoption with God's help.
    So great to hear that everything is paid for and you got new furniture. What a blessing.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    thanks for sharing. You truly are blessed.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    I really needed this post. DH and I are getting ready to apply for adoption #2 and I look at our bank account and say, "I don't know what you could be thinking of Lord...let's do some simple mathmatics here...."
    But we didn't have the money in 2003 either,and Marina is here all the same! We make twice as much money now as we did then, we've bought a house, we've had unexpected job oportunities fall in our laps, grants, gifts, miracles, etc.
    Out time scheme for paying it all back is not quite as impressive as yours, since we are still paying on an adoption loan from A Child Waits, but we know that God has blessed us. Even this loan will be paid back early--months ahead of schedule.
    Thank you for taking me back to remember that. God is good. All the time. And it is never the wrong time to obey.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    It's amazing how things come together, isn't it? Two months after Peanut went back to Russia my agency fee was looming and I had no idea where it was going to come from. I felt completely hopeless. Then, from out of the blue, someone stepped forward with a huge loan for me (which I'm paying off bit by bit). Not only did it cover my immediate costs, it gave me the hope to keep struggling and the faith that things would fall in place financially. And, like they did for you, they did for me, too. I managed to save much more than I thought was possible, I was awarded a grant, my fundraising was more successful than I imagined. Things have a way of working out in the end.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    The evening before we were leaving to travel blind to Kazakhstan to adopt siblings I had a call from my grandma, my great uncle had named my daughter and I on a life insurance policy. He had passed away in September. The next morning, just before we left, I got in touch with the ageny and learned that between the two of us he had left us just enough to cover the expenses of our first adoption in 2003 and this most recent adoption of two more children.

    The biggest concern my husband and I have ever had in adding more children to our family is being able to pay for school for them some day. This money is not enough to pay for school but it's enough to really start a good account going for all of them.

    It was such a blessing to leave that morning knowing that we were going to be just fine, and that spending $45,000+ for three of our children to join us wasn't going to mean we would have that much harder of time sending our children to school. (vs. had we had biological children the "free" way.) It immediately balanced that out. It was wonderful and such a blessing.

    SO happy for your and your blessings!

    Sarah

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Susan&Wayne said…

    What a beautiful post!! God also called us to adopt and we also did not know where the money would come from. But God is faithful, and the money was provided, we still have some debt, but I believe it will all workout somehow!! Thank you for all of your support!! We are so happy for your family!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Your story is one of many miraculous stories I have heard in regards to orphan adoption. I am amazed every time. Truly if you want to see miracles in your life- adopt!!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    I love your story. God showed up in miraculous ways for you. Our prayer has been for Him to get the honor and glory from our adoption. I look forward to the day when we have our children home and I can tell others about our God story.
    Blessings,
    Penny

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Whys, How Comes, and Answers
Self-imposed haircuts
Shirts
Tasty Pink Sugar
2007 Tour of Homes
Weekending
Home
TV Special
Circus Fun
Language Progressions




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER