Thursday, March 29, 2007
Dishwasher Doors
Everyone has done it that owns a dishwasher. Still, it doesn't help the pain tolerance level.

One duty that my children have around the house is to unload the dishwasher daily, sometimes two times a day around our house. El and L mostly do the silverware. (Fair warning: Check the silverware before using it if you come to my house to eat. :-) ) Anyway, everyone else was done with their part of the dishwasher, except El. He was finishing up his silverware. To put it away, they pull a chair up to the drawer and unload the silverware container.

I had gone to the attic in the schoolroom to get down Easter decorations. I know I'm a little late getting them up since it is only a week away. Oh well, I knew it would bring curiosity from the bwins, having never participated in this holiday before.

I was carrying a big box quickly, almost running, into the kitchen because the bottom was busting out, when BAM!! BAM!! Yes, that was the sound of my two shins whacking the open dishwasher door at high speed. The scream afterwards was just as loud and the contents of the box were scattered all over the kitchen floor. You see, El had finished his silverware duty and had put his container back in the dishwasher. However, he had failed to close it up, or push in the silverware drawer, or put up the chair he had used to put the silverware away.

My shins now have 2 bright shiners on them, just in time for those spring capris and Easter!
posted by 6blessings @ 6:57 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Yikes! My shins hurt just thinking about it!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    Ouch!! I know that really hurts! I hope those bruises go away soon.
    -P
    P.S. I loved your last post. I can't wait for my husband to have such sweet father/son moments.=)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said…

    Oh my you poor thing I'm sure that did hurt:( Hope your knees heal quickly! I am so impressed your kiddos do the dishes! Hope mine do one day.

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Ouch. I've done that before, too. But never with both legs.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    Yow! I'm so glad that in this house the diswasher is situated in the corner of the cabinets--a safe zone.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Maura Grace
Daddy's Little Helper
Blessings Overflowing
Whys, How Comes, and Answers
Self-imposed haircuts
Shirts
Tasty Pink Sugar
2007 Tour of Homes
Weekending
Home




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER