Saturday, August 11, 2007
Busy Day
Today is a big day. It is the last link before possibly being able to disclose the big secret. I won't necessarily be able to tell you everything now, but hopefully soon. We are excited. Someone had asked when this will be occurring. The answer is next summer. Formal preparations have been in the making since April. However, this has been taking shape for almost two decades.

My parents are also coming into town today and staying until Wednesday. My b'day is tomorrow and they're coming down for an extended visit before the kids start school. Our schedule won't be as flexible for seeing them as it was when we were homeschooling.

I'm beginning to get a few butterflies about the whole school scene. I've been praying like crazy for Christian teachers for the kids who will be understanding of their inhibitions and situation. I've also been praying for Christian friends for the kids and that my children make wise friend choices. Tuesday is "Back to School" night where we meet the teachers, find out schedules, etc. Thursday, they start school. That's SIX days away! Why is it coming so quickly? Slow down!

I got our school room set up this week for L and El. I cleared out all of the desks but two. It looks so bare and lonely. I said something about it to my hubby. He said, "Yeah, wait until you actually start. It will seem really different then!" Thanks hon! Just what my emotions needed. No, you have to understand- logic is his middle name. He's just trying to prepare me.

Well, I hope everyone has a blessed weekend, full of great adventures and memory makers. I will let everyone know how today goes and hopefully have a time frame for when I can reveal the news. Thanks for letting me share, even though I'm very limited at this time.
posted by 6blessings @ 5:32 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lea said…

    Me too! I can't believe school is starting back so soon. This summer has gone by so fast.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    Hey Kim,
    I'm just catching up on your blog after being away. What's going on?? Big Changes? Are you guys moving somewhere? How about SoFlo? I can't wait to hear the big news.
    -Penny

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger HaleyP said…

    Hi Kim,
    You don't really know me, but my name is Haley. (My mom is Leslie Jordan..we homeschooled in the homeschool group when I was in high school..my little sister is Riley) Anyways, I have been reading your post..in fact I've read the entire thing in 3 days during my son's naptime! (I got the address to it from Lorrie Raetz) We are planning on adopting..still doing our homestudy and training right now..but I love reading about the success of your children. Very encouraging! And your big surprise..I can't wait to find out!
    Haley
    haley_waley@hotmail.com

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger Chelley said…

    I ditto with the suspense!

    But I am hoping and praying for you that it will all work out the way you want it to!

    Sending positive vibes for the kids startign school!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger kate said…

    One of the most touching things I was ever told, was by a parent in my fourth year teaching. She said a friend of hers had started praying that Ellie would be in my class from the day I was hired. At that time, Ellie was only 2! I'm so grateful to have had Ellie in my class. I'm grateful for that friend's prayers on Ellie's behalf because Ellie was such a gift to have in my classroom.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday! I am praying for you and yours with the changes approaching. BTW, I was very impressed that you could rock climb at all knowing how bad your accident was. Good for you! Tell E and Z that K says hi.

    Tere

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger kate said…

    hmmm...does your comment on my blog mean that i guessed correctly?

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Hope Back to School night goes well and that you like the teachers.
    Looking forward to hearing your wonderful news whenever you can share it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Curriculum
Passing the Test
Big Change Hint #1
KidsFest
Changes
Lessons Learned while Rock Climbing
Blog List
Sad News
Home Safe and Sound
The Legend of Ole' Blue Fingers




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER