Monday, September 24, 2007
I'm Back
This weekend went really well. As I mentioned, I went out of town this weekend. My MIL's husband sent my MIL, SIL, and me to the Joyce Meyer Women's Conference. I had never really heard Joyce Meyer before, so I was a little leery. I really didn't know where she stood on many issues and beliefs. It was definitely out of what I am used to at our home church, but overall it was really good. I went along with about 90 percent of what she said.

The Christian band Delirious? led the worship music every session which was awesome. I love music. In fact, H was a little jealous because she likes the band. (I brought her back a poster.) CeCe Winans also sang and led some of the worship. Boy, is that woman blessed with a voice. Her backup singers were incredible too!

Bishop T.D. Jakes preached the first night. He was very good and it was very interesting. He sure got fired up! We left a little early that night, but the next morning they said 900 people had made decisions either for salvation or rededication of their lives to Christ. There were almost 30,000 women at this conference! It was huge!

Joyce Meyer taught the Friday morning, Friday night, and Saturday afternoon sessions. The theme was passion and purpose. She asked what is your passion and what is your purpose. The answer was that we should be passionate about the things God is passionate about- the needy, the poor, the orphans, the widows, the children stuck in prostitution, the hungry, etc. She burns with a passion for missions all around the globe and tried to give everyone a global view on life. Of course, I totally agreed and even felt a bond with her in these areas. They are truly my passions.

Next, she said that our purpose was to glorify God in everything we do, whether that is teaching 30,000 women or washing dishes at home. Whatever God puts in front of us at that time is our purpose. She said we mix our purpose and our vocation up too much. She said it doesn't matter what you do for a living as long as you do it mightily for the Lord.

Saturday morning, Christine Caine was the speaker. I had never heard her before either. She is from Australia and was terrific. She said that the church has gotten so full of "religion" and there is no relationship. I couldn't agree more. She was a very energetic person, full of passion for what she was saying.

Saturday afternoon after the conference, we went sight-seeing and souvenir buying for the kiddos. We walked to the arch, but didn't go up in it. It is definitely an amazing sight. The rides to the top were sold out. I bought E, Z, El, and L something there. We then caught the Metrolink and went to Cardinals Stadium. My SIL bought something for her two boys and I got a pennant for J. We went to eat and went back to the hotel. The trip went pretty fast, but was good. I learned a lot and a lot was confirmed to me.
posted by 6blessings @ 11:10 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    you are a blessed girl to have a FIL that loves Jesus enough to send all three of you to such an awesome conference. God is good!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad you had a good weekend. I went up in the arch a long time ago and I wish I had stayed on the ground!!!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger 6blessings said…

    BTW, it was not my FIL. D's parents are divorced and his mother remarried last summer while we were in Russia getting the boys. Yes, we were blessed that he thought to send us.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Tami said…

    What a great weekend! And I'm jealous too...I love Delirious! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

A Little Break
Orthopedic Problems
SDC
Pool Pics
to.do.list.
Asia It Is
Cave Pictures
Our Trip Tour
Howdy Folks!
We're Outta Here!




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER