Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Progress Reports
All of the kids have now received progress reports and are doing really well. Almost every average for all four school kids is 95 or above. E had one subject that is a 90 and H has one subject that is in the 80s (there's a long story behind that one). Overall, everyone is doing really well academically. They all have met several friends too. H still says she doesn't like public school, but never complains. She says that it is a whole lot less work.

Yesterday when I picked the kids up from school, I had two great reports. H made a 100 on her science test (the average in the 80s). Also, Z hopped in the car and said she now holds the school record for chin-ups. She can do more chin-ups than everyone else in her elementary school (K-5). I was pretty impressed.

A few weeks ago, I still wasn't sure about the school thing, but everything is starting to settle down. We're beginning to get in a groove. At first the kids were bringing home a ton of homework. They kept asking me just what I was thinking: How come we're at school so long and we still have to bring so much work home? They kept saying that they got a lot more work done a lot quicker when we homeschooled. So true. I tried to explain possible reasons. The bottom line is: they're right.

Overall, it is giving me a good break before we homeschool the rest of our lives starting next year. Also, L and El are certainly demanding my complete attention and even more with their schoolwork and even behavior this year. It is a good time to work with them. I know God led us to put the big kids in school and I believe it will be a good school year.
posted by 6blessings @ 8:30 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 3:58 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    that is awesome. Kudos.

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad they're doing so well! I can't wait for Slugger's first progress report. I've been staying in contact with his teacher and I see his weekly assignments, so I think he's doing well.

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Lea said…

    That's great that they are all doing so well and that you have focused time to work with the btwins. The conference sounded really good too. I need to go to a good conference sometime soon. It is a good source of refreshment and energizes you.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    question... what curriculum did you use to home school your children? I have a couple of friends that have asked when we have been talking about homeschooling and how it can work.

    Also... I have been praying for your crew. My sister and BIL just sent their 10 and 8 year old to PS for the first time...another God order, but so hard for them to do.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger kate said…

    so glad everyone is doing well. i think this year in school is a great thing for everyone. and there is a lot besides academics that they can learn this year. since the rest of their schooling will be at home, it's nice for all of you to have this opportunity.

    enjoy!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like everyone is doing so well... I wonder if my kids would do as well if they went to public school....

    Julie
    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    wow, you are amazing! six kids doing so well and homeschooling two of them! i just don't know how you have the energy to keep up with everyone and everything.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Templates said…

    I know it was a hard decision for you but I think it was a wise one for the year. You have so much to get ready for this year. And plus you do get to focus on the bwins so much more this way so they have a chance to really excel and grow before you leave next year.

    Glad the kids are starting to enjoy it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

I'm Back
A Little Break
Orthopedic Problems
SDC
Pool Pics
to.do.list.
Asia It Is
Cave Pictures
Our Trip Tour
Howdy Folks!




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER