Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Thanksgiving Through Their Eyes
Here we sit at Thanksgiving 2007. We have so much to be thankful for. We have a God that loved us enough to send his very own Son to die for our sins. We live in a country that has freedom to worship God. We live in a land of abundance and opportunity. We are blessed with family and friends. This year is quite reflective and special to us because it will be the very last one we spend with our families, possibly ever.

The other day, in school, L and El made Thanksgiving wreaths. They colored leaves that we glued on paper plates. In the center it said, "I am thankful for...". I wanted to share Thanksgiving through the eyes of two six year old boys, adopted a year and four months ago. These are listed in the order said to me, with no help or prompts. They are quite insightful.

El:

I am thankful for...
LOVE
FAMILY
JESUS
I LOVE JESUS
GOD LOVES ME
I LOVE YOU
GOD LOVES ME FOREVER
MOM LOVES ME FOREVER

L:

I am thankful for...
PEOPLE LOVE ME
I LOVE PEOPLE
I LOVE PEOPLE WHO TAKE CARE OF ME
GOD LOVES ME
I LOVE GOD
THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF ME
PRESENTS
BIRTHDAYS


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
posted by 6blessings @ 8:09 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Could they be any sweeter?

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Great lists. They seem to know what is important (and a couple of fun ones for L).

    Enjoy this holiday season with the family.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kay B said…

    Wow, they are so filled with feelings of Love - God's Love, family love...etc., now that's something to be thankful for!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger kate said…

    your heart must be overflowing with thanks!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Cherish the time spent with your families. I really miss mine being overseas. I hope you had a nice holiday!

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger junglemama said…

    This is just precious. It melts my heart to see how far our children have come.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Updates from the Weekend
Watery Eyes
Good, but Busy Weekend
Wrestling Season Has Begun
Pumpkin Contest
She's Back!
They're Out!
Provision Again
"J-isms"
Law Office, May I Help You?




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER