Monday, November 05, 2007
Wrestling Season Has Begun
L and El started wrestling season this past weekend. D practices with them on our living room floor in the evenings when we're gone to gymnastics. J isn't wrestling this year. He decided he wanted to do gymnastics this year and is on the boys' competitive team.

L and El are in the smallest weight class- 37 pounds. However, they are topping out between 30-31 pounds. Therefore, they're definitely underweight for their group.

The first tournament was this weekend up near my parent's house. My sister and niece's birthdays are today and so we were able to do birthdays and wrestling all in the same weekend.

The bwins did really well! D told me that they had improved a lot. He was right. They had 24 kids in their group and L finished 5th and El finished 7th. The kids that beat them were just bigger. They didn't necessarily outwrestle the boys, they just were bigger and therefore had more power.

I was so proud of both boys. They pinned several kids each, fought hard against the big competitors, never gave up, and never cried like many of the others. They were tough little guys and they had a lot of fun. We were all so proud of them.

I questioned the sport at first, but I can truly see the discipline that it has built into them which was so greatly needed. It also helps that they have a great coach (Dad)! He was so good with them, unlike so many others in the sport.

I had pictures, but I left the camera at my parent's house and will not be able to access it this week. I will try to post pics when I get it back.

Congratulations to all my guys!
posted by 6blessings @ 6:59 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Pumpkin Contest
She's Back!
They're Out!
Provision Again
"J-isms"
Law Office, May I Help You?
Crazy Hair Day
Prayers Appreciated
Speaking Up
Catching Up




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER