Monday, October 08, 2007
Prayers Appreciated
In my last post, I mentioned my mother had to be put into the hospital for a blood clot. Apparently, the ER doc that admitted her wasn't very competent. She knew it was probably a clot, so she did admit her, thank goodness. However, she didn't start any of the treatment she should have needed to have and even lied to another doc about a test she should have done, but didn't. Thank goodness a different doc saw her last night.

Anyway, my sweet momma has a one large clot that runs from below her right knee into her groin area on that side. It is not several individual small clots, it is one large one. They have had to elevate her leg above her head, have put her on some more medicine(she was already on Plavix- an anticoagulant- when the clot formed), and are putting hot packs on her leg regularly. They will not allow her up even to use the restroom. The doctor said it will probably take 6 months to dissolve this one. They are going to regulate her meds and then release her sometime later this week. She'll have to be closely monitored because as it dissolves there is a possibility of it breaking off, moving up the bloodstream and lodging in the lungs. This, of course, would be extremely life threatening.

She also told me they are going to run some blood work and test her for lupus. She has had some clotting issues before, but never of this magnitude. Truthfully, I've read all of the stuff online about lupus and can't figure out the connection. She doesn't seem to fall into the categories for it. Can anyone help me on this one?

Yes, I am extremely concerned for my mother. However, I am praising God because I feel it is a miracle she is still here with us. My mom and dad took an Alaskan cruise the first week of September to celebrate their 40th anniversary. My dad said she was having leg pain way back then and was having trouble walking. Apparently this clot has been building for a long, long time. I praise God that we got her to the hospital in time. I truly believe it's a miracle that she's still with us and I thank God for His grace and mercy. I pray for my dear mother's complete healing and know that whatever the outcome, God reigns supreme.

Thanks for any prayers.

Update: I just got a call from my dad. My mom's blood clot is non-existent. Praise God!!! They think that instead it is a Baker's cyst. We don't know much about that, but what we do know is that it is a much more manageable diagnosis, not life-threatening! Thank you Lord!
posted by 6blessings @ 4:57 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger jessy said…

    Praying for your mother's full recovery.
    Lupus seems to be a very strange disease. From what I've heard it is a kind of medical malady catch-all. I've had people describe it so differently: from being a mild nuisance, to an extremely debilitating disease. Perhaps after you do your research a post on Lupus for dummies would be helpful.

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Lea said…

    Wow, you guys have had a lot going on lately. I hope everyone heals quickly and very happy to hear that your mom does not have that huge blood clot. The hair do is very cute!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    Amen. What an answer to prayer!

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    that seems like a big change in diagnosis. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Speaking Up
Catching Up
Progress Reports
I'm Back
A Little Break
Orthopedic Problems
SDC
Pool Pics
to.do.list.
Asia It Is




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER