Friday, October 12, 2007
Law Office, May I Help You?
As most of you know, D had shoulder surgery last week. He's recovering well, but absolutely despises his sling. The doc has allowed him to take it off some around the house and let his arm just hang as long as he doesn't try to move it around any. He is becoming more independent with many of the "daily" tasks. However, it is a major problem that it is his right arm when it comes to work.

After getting the kids off to school everyday, D, the bwins, and I have been loading up and going to his work. It really has been quite interesting. I've cleaned his office, taken notes with clients, made phone calls, answered phone calls, typed many different kinds of legal documents, assisted in court, filled out court documents, etc. The bwins have been so good. We tote along their schoolwork and I double-time teaching and typing. They have played in another room of the office area while clients were in and have been absolutely wonderful. They have loved packing their lunch boxes to go to daddy's office.

Truthfully, it has been a tiring week. After working all day with him, we'd drive straight to the school to pick up the other kiddos, home for about 10 minutes to change attire, then off to the gym to work for 4 more hours. Afterwards, it's errands, homework, dinner, and getting the kids to bed. This weekend we're going to have to get the house back in order. However, as exhausting as it's been, it has been good to see what he does every day. I could never be a lawyer. My emotions would get too tied to the client. D is good at what he does. I've enjoyed having some time with him on the drives back and forth (about 45 min. one way).

Today, he has given me the day off. He's going to go it on his own. I think he'll be okay driving and doing most things, but I don't know how in the world he'll get all of his paperwork done. I'm sure I'll have to go over a few times per week until he is able to use his arm more.

For me, however, today is "do everything else" day. I have a list a mile long of things I need to get done for gym, competition season starts in two weeks. Leos are coming in, warm-ups are at the embroiderer's, bags are being made and labeled, and fees and entries are needing to be submitted. This is the busiest time of year for me with the gym. HOPE Ministry is also gearing up for another adoption/foster care symposium on Nov. 11. Therefore, I also have many obligations for that. In addition to those things, we're working on getting our first newsletter done and information sent out for our overseas adventure. It should have been sent out about 2 weeks ago, but our pastor requested 800 more copies, our printer broke, our new one doesn't work, and we haven't had time to fold and stuff over 1000 envelopes. BTW, did I mention that several of the kids have outgrown everything they own and need clothes now that the weather is finally getting cool? One more thing on the list... shopping, and doing it frugally!

You know, I am a very blessed person. I have a wonderful husband who has a good job that he's good at doing. I have 6 wonderful kids that make me smile every day. I have an awesome Lord that has chosen us to serve Him. I am so thankful that God caused me to realize all my blessings in the midst of all of the chaos. I wish each and every one of you a blessed weekend!
posted by 6blessings @ 4:54 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    life is busy....even while being blessed. You do it with such easy. Or it appears that you do. "When I grow up, I want to be like you!"

    Praying for a quick recovery for D.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    Hopefully D's shoulder will heal very quickly. Its never a dull moment at your house!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    What a busy week! I'm glad the bwins enjoyed it or it would have been really difficult. I hope D's continuing to do well.

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Lea said…

    Wow, you are busy! I hope D's shoulder heals quickly and that everything that needs to get done gets done on time. Counting your blessings at a time like this really puts things into perspective. Good for you!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praise God someone cleaned that office, I am just sorry it had to be you!!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    You are such a blessed lady. You are surrounded you with challanges every day but you always find the blessings in them.
    Try Childrenplace.com they are having a very big sale right now and you might be able to find some stuff for almost all the kids there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Crazy Hair Day
Prayers Appreciated
Speaking Up
Catching Up
Progress Reports
I'm Back
A Little Break
Orthopedic Problems
SDC
Pool Pics




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER