Sunday, March 05, 2006
Next Blogging Phase
Well, I survived the gymnastics meet. We had a few little hitches, which are to be expected, but nothing major. My twin girls, Eden and Zion, did well in the competition. One of the Cagle girls was on first place in every event and Eden took the all-around title. The Cagle girls ruled. :) They are both built for gymnastics. They are 8 years old and weigh about 42 pounds. They are only as tall as most 6 year olds. I can never go by the age dosages on medication for them. I have to go by weight. My oldest daughter, Hannah, is also an excellent gymnast, but she has been out on an injury for almost a year.

By the way, my husband's name is Damon. I have finally figured out how to look at other blogs that are somehow linked to ours. Through reading some of these I realized I didn't ever have his name in ours, I only said "my husband". Sorry!! He is a wonderful husband and super dad to our four children. He is an attorney. He was an ADA for a while and now has his own private practice.

Well, I feel like I've moved into the next phase of adoption blogging. For a while, everything is about the adoption. Then you hit a waiting phase and what do you talk about? We will keep everyone posted on our status. There are many waiting families out there. We are praying for you. As my blogging abilities expand, maybe I'll finally figure how to link your blogs on my site, like you do mine on yours. Sorry, I'm all new to this. I do appreciate all of you, Lisa, Jen, and everyone else. You are great!! Thanks for the encouragement.
posted by 6blessings @ 5:42 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    This waiting phase sucks. (And I'm pre-paperwork so I have a while to go.) I'm up for reading anything, and usually rambling is the most interesting read.

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    The parallel bars were my favorite in gymnastics, or at least what I did best. I would be hard pressed to do anything on them now!

    Your husband sounds like a great guy! You are very lucky.

    Welcome to waiting club. We are all here waiting along with you!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Elle said…

    As Lauri put it to me, "if you blog it they will come." Write about what goes on in your life. That is what most of us do. In the process we have created quite the support group for ourselves. Even if it seems mundane or silly write a little everyday. It also gives you something to go back and look at to remember what you were doing during the wait.

    I re-read my own blog often.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Tricia and Lisa said it. When you're a waiting parent everything has to do with adoption -- even the things that aren't directly related. Blog away, sister!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    I just blab on about insignificant junk and these nice ladies always leave me comments! HA. You're right, during the wait there's not always adoption news. I love stories where I get to know people better.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Waiting on DOE
USCIS approval
Dossier sent off
Step by step
Continuing on
Finishing Home Study/Starting Dossier
Turning 2 alone
home study was a breeze
home study coming
Local News Story




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER