Thursday, December 07, 2006
Odds and Ends
1. Voting Results: Thank you so much for voting. I had 19 comments and my kids asked who won. I told them that I was waiting until there were 20 comments to tally the votes. That afternoon, H snuck off and soon I had 20 comments. Hmm? Wonder who comment 20 was from? Wonder who she voted for?

Here are the final results: Snowman #1: 4 votes, Snowman #2: 8 votes (1 from a snowman maker), Snowman #3: 4 votes.

2. The awards D and I gave for the snowmen:
Snowman #1: Most Festive- Received Peppermint Patties
Snowman #2: Best All-Around- Received Swoops Chocolate
Snowman #3: Most Creative- Received Candy Canes

3. L had another test run yesterday morning. Long story short: He has some backup and may need medication. They are also referring him to another doctor. They want him to be put under general anesthesia and have the endoscopy done again.

4. E is sporting a really cute candy cane striped cast. She was tumbling into the foam pit at gym a little over a week ago and was injured. Her foot and all of her toes were swollen pretty big for about a week. They are calling it a sprain at this time, but has the possibility of being a growth plate fracture. She wasn't walking on it at all so they decided it was best to cast it. We go back to check it again next week. BTW, the white part of the candy cane glows in the dark. The guy who put the cast on surprised her with it. It's really a very cool cast.

5. The first signature on E's cast: Santa Claus! We went to the mall right after it got put on. Santa actually sat her in his chair and got on his knees to sign it. The bwins loved Santa! They said he didn't ever come to their dietsky dom and are very excited that he comes to Mama's dom. I'll post pics of both the cast and the kids with Santa later.

6. El is all done with his dental work (L still has a ways to go). He is really starting to gain weight. He has gained 3 pounds since we brought him home 4 and a half months ago.

7. El finally said, "I love you." Up until about a week ago, he would look at you deeply and say, "I like Mamka" or "I like Papka." He just recently transitioned to the word love. It is such a sweet sound in our ears and big progress on his part.

8. Thanks to my SBP for the great book. I am reading it and it is very good. I also appreciate your kind comments on the envelope. You are great!

9. I am trying to stay caught up on everyone's blogs, but time seems to be so limited recently. I promise I'm still reading, but I may not always comment. I am praying for kids, court dates, and referrals. I feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful people through adoption. It is an incredibly rough process, but also incredibly wonderful! I pray everyone has kids home very soon. Hang in there!
posted by 6blessings @ 4:56 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    You trumped us with your voting awards. I should have thought of that- giving each child an award for what their snowman was best for. See, that is why you guys are such great parents.

    It sounds like the medical issues with your family are continuing on. Have you purchased a room at the dr. office yet? Maybe you could move in some of your furniture to make it feel more like home. I hope everyone recovers soon and you all get through it well.

    I am glad to hear the bwins are excited about Christmas and are making more progress at home. What a miracle!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    O.K. I teared up at the "Santa didn't come to detsky dom." I'm so glad they have a home for this Christmas.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Yay, I had voted for the winner. I would love to see pics of them with Santa and of that cool sounding cast.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    What a great idea to give awards for the snowmen. What a bummer about another endoscopy. I am glad the bwins have you as parents every step of the way.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    sounds like everyone is doing well. i'm sure your going to have a great christmas... i'm also having a hard time keeping up with blogging, and i don't have any kids! not sure how you do it all!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Snowman Contest- Vote Now
The First Snow
Turkey Cookies
Quick funny post
First Thanksgiving- YUMMY!!
4 months
What's in My Purse?
Write Your Name
"You Get a Line, I'll Get a Pole"
National Adoption Awareness Month/Radio Broadcasts




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER