Saturday, November 25, 2006
First Thanksgiving- YUMMY!!
We are back from our Thanksgiving travel and I wanted to do a post about the boys' first Thanksgiving. On Wednesday, we made "turkey" cookies (cookies that looked like turkeys). The boys had a blast. We went to my parents' house Wednesday night after gym practice. On Thursday, we had an easy-going morning and then had our dinner at about 2 p.m. I gave the boys some of everything(and I mean everything) and they completely cleared their plates. They asked for seconds of some things and then were delighted with a new treat- pumpkin pie with whipped cream. They are totally fascinated with their bellies when they get done eating a good meal. They are not just skin and bones. They are starting to fill in a little. They came in and raised their shirts to show me that they were growing. They kept saying, "Yummy, yummy!" They spent the rest of the day and all day Friday playing with cousins and getting car rides from dedushka. They also got to ride a real bike just their size, not a trike, and absolutely loved it (Christmas foreshadowing).

I woke up early Thursday morning and made a "What I am Thankful for" list. Here it is:

1. My husband, who works hard at his work and takes care of his family.
2. My 6 beautiful children, who are each so precious in their own unique ways.
3. That I was raised in a Christian home where I was taught about Jesus and what He did for me.
4. My church which is truly genuine, who challenges me to grow and who gives us a place to serve.
5. Igor and Bogdan (our first Russian "sons") who are home with their grandma and who taught us so much about trust and faith.
6. That our adoption is final and that our 2 sons are home with their forever family.
7. God's provision and faithfulness- He promised provision and has recently done just as He said He would do if we would just trust Him.
8. Friends and family who care for us and love us and who we care for and love also.
.......The list goes on and on.

Later that day, we watched a video called "Indescribable" about how God made the entire universe and yet He sent His only Son to die for us. As I looked around that room, I saw one of my new sons snuggled up with his aunt and the other one snuggled up with his dedushka and my eyes flooded with tears. They were so happy and so immersed in love. I have so much to be thankful to God for, more than I could ever list.



posted by 6blessings @ 6:59 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I think that's so cute/sad that they're fascinated with their bellies when they're full. It just spotlights how little they had before.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so glad the boys enjoyed their first Thanksgiving surrounded by all their new forever family. I'll bet their little tummies were bulging! :)
    kathy

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Beautiful post!

    The boys look great. Glad they are filling out.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a transformation love can bring.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

4 months
What's in My Purse?
Write Your Name
"You Get a Line, I'll Get a Pole"
National Adoption Awareness Month/Radio Broadcasts
There's No Place Like Home
The Other Family Sport
First Gymnastics Meet
Three Beautiful Words
First Halloween




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER