Thursday, August 16, 2007
First Day of School


Well, they're off!! I prayed really hard for everyone to have peace and comfort. God helped me by D staying home with me today. We all went together to drop kiddos off this morning and that helped tremendously. I think I would have been a basket case if he hadn't been there. We dropped H off first and it was difficult to watch my "baby" go alone into that big school, knowing she didn't know anyone. However, I find comfort in knowing she isn't alone. God is with her. That's one thing I reminded all of the about. (H was so sweet. Last night as we were talking about today, she said, "Mom, it's going to be terrible. I have to worry all day long about the other three and wonder if they are okay." She was worried about E, Z, and J. I informed her that I understood. I had to wonder all day about FOUR kiddos. :-) )

Then it was off to the elementary school. We took J first. The last hug was a little awkward, but I think he was okay. He was a little hesitant for us to leave and blinked his eyes quickly a few times, but was very brave.

Next it was E and Z. This was our hardest. Upon getting out of the car, E announced that she couldn't go and that she was so sick to her stomach that she thought she would throw up. I held her hand while she fought back tears. We set their lunch boxes and backpacks at their desks and went to find their class outside on the playground. They were just lining up. When I gave last hugs and turned to walk away, E grabbed my arm and started bawling! The teacher suggested that I take her on inside and wait on them in the classroom, so I did. When the class arrived, the teacher talked to her and asked her about L and El who were with us. I waved goodbye and slipped out. That's the last I've heard. I think she will be fine once she gets used to it and they get busy doing things.

We came home and I spent time praying for all of them and then L and El did their school. The picture below shows the last thing we did- shaving cream on the desk top. We practiced letters, writing their names, and shapes. In addition, the desks got a great cleaning. I've been trying to stay busy with other things, hoping to dwindle the time away until 3 p.m. when I pick them up. I'm still trying to figure that all out. How do you pick up 4 kids in 3 different buildings when they all get out at the same time? Ugh!

Thanks for all of the prayers. Here's some pics.



E and Z in front of their classroom.
J in front of his classroom.
All four kids with their backpacks heading out the door.
(J's jeans aren't dirty, the light is reflecting on them from the window.)
Update: The first day went well for all. The elementary kids had a good time and enjoyed their teachers. H also did well. She loves her Social Studies teacher and the one teacher that we didn't really care for at "Back to School Night" seemed to be all that we thought he would be. She's a little worried, but I know she'll do fine. All 4 kids met new people. All in all, everyone survived, even Mom! :-)
Update#2: I apologize for the print size. I don't know what's going on. It was fine until I did the update, then the top writing was unreadably small. Then I made it larger and it is overly huge. It won't do just the normal size font when it publishes.
posted by 6blessings @ 10:21 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Glad to hear that everyone made it through the first day of school OK (including you, mom!).

    BTW, the shaving cream on the desk idea - brilliant!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Sounds like you've had a tough week. Glad the first day is over and that everyone did well. I'll be praying that it gets easier for each of you as the weeks pass.

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad it went well. I was thinking about them yesterday.

    btw -- the font size looks fine. I started to write a post the other night and it looked fine. When I went back to the draft later, the font was huge. Sounds like another blogger glitch.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Ani said…

    Glad to hear everyone (including Mom!) did well on their first day.

    Our 2 year old started playgroup 2x a week - he did great but I was holding back tears! How time flies!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger jessy said…

    Oh, I'm so glad it went well. The all look very spiffy in their Back to School duds.
    I like the big font. Guess I'm getting old!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lea said…

    Wow, what a huge change for you all! I'm glad it went well and hope you all enjoy the year.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger kate said…

    I'm so glad it went well! I'm sure they'll have a great year--and will add much to their respective classes. Their pix all look great!

    Now, when do we get your other big news? ;>

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Quick Post
Busy Day
Curriculum
Passing the Test
Big Change Hint #1
KidsFest
Changes
Lessons Learned while Rock Climbing
Blog List
Sad News




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER