Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Lent
Today is the first day of the Holy Season and the beginning of Lent. We are not Catholic, but we feel that this is a Christian celebration for all denominations. It is a time to reflect on Christ's sacrifice for all of us.

For those of you that may not know, many people give up something during Lent. It is a sacrifice that reminds us of the greatest sacrifice paid for our salvation. I have chosen something to give up, but felt really led to give something else too. I am going to post daily about what God taught me in His Word that day- it may be a verse, a saying I read in a devotional, or just something that He spoke to my heart. I realize that there may be days I will miss due to unforseen circumstances or things beyond my control. However, that is my goal. I will also continue to post regular posts, but I want to glorify Him and shine a light on Him as we lead up to the celebration of His resurrection. For all of you out there saying, "Oh no, she's getting preachy again," please bear with me, take time to consider what is posted, and then decide whether to discard it or take it to heart.

With that said, here is the verse that stuck out to me today:

I Corinthians 15:58 (The Message)
"With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for Him is a waste of time or effort."

This verse stuck out to me and encouraged me because I had someone the other day say that they didn't understand why we would uproot our family, move to the other side of the world, to an area where we may see little or no fruit. This verse confirms to me that He is faithful, whether in the big things or in the small things. Whatever He has called you or me to do, no matter how big or small it is in the world's eyes, it is not a waste of time or effort if we are doing it for Him and in obedience to Him. Stand your ground! Don't hold back! Throw yourself into His work! It is not in vain.
posted by 6blessings @ 11:38 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

He Did It Again
Misconceptions
Another dose of J
DOUBLE DIGITS!!!
A Year and a Half at Home
Spelling Bee
First Semester Down
The Tides of Life
We need a doctor in the family!
Spelling Champs




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER