Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
How do you view your weakness? What are your weaknesses?

In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul speaks of a "handicap", a weakness, that God had given him to keep him humble. See how Paul views this weakness:

"Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three time I did that and then he told me,

'My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.'

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I QUIT FOCUSING ON THE HANDICAP AND BEGAN APPRECIATING THE GFT. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size-abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."

What's your weakness? I have a ton. Paul in 2 Corinthians challenges me to see them in a different light. Perspective always changes everything.
posted by 6blessings @ 4:59 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for sharing that spiritual spanking!!! I have been able to encourage a handful of people today with that including myself. I love how God's word comes to life and applies to so many for so many different things all in the same passage. Thanks for the perspective!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Reading Progress
100 Percent Commitment
Hanna Project
Living Large and What You Do in Hard Times
Letting God be our Defender
Lent
He Did It Again
Misconceptions
Another dose of J
DOUBLE DIGITS!!!




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER