Friday, February 08, 2008
Living Large and What You Do in Hard Times
After writing yesterday's post (yes, it has been edited), I started receiving phone call after phone call. It resulted in a meeting with the mom, me, and my boss. It seemed to go well, the mother even apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. She didn't own up to many of the things that she reportedly did and said, so we'll see how it goes from here. My boss was awesome and fully supported me saying, amongst other things, that I was the fairest coach he has ever seen. I am posting this to let you know that God was my Defender. I don't necessarily believe it is all over and everything will be happy sunshine from here on out. Words are hard to take back once they've been said. The repercussions of this could last a while. However, I am confident that God will continue to uphold and defend me.

Today's verses:

II Corinthians 7:10 (Message)

"Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets."



What do you do when times get hard? Do you run to God or away from Him, blaming Him?



II Corinthians 6:11-13 (Message)

"Dear, dear Corinthians, I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life...The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way... Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively."



LIVE LARGE!! This makes me think of Steven Curtis Chapman's song, "The Great Adventure".


Saddle up your horses

Started out this morning in the usual way

Chasing thoughts inside my head of all I had to do today

Another time around the circle try to make it better than the last

I opened up the Bible and I read about me

Said I'd been a prisoner and God's grace had set me free

And somewhere between the pages it hit me like a lightning bolt

I saw a big frontier in front of me and I heard somebody say "let's go"!

Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze

Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace

Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown

This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure

Come on get ready for the ride of your life

Gonna leave long faced religion in a cloud of dust behind

And discover all the new horizons just waiting to be explored

This is what we were created for

We'll travel over, over mountains so high

We'll go through valleys below

Still through it all we'll find that

This is the greatest journey that the human heart will ever see

The love of God will take us far beyond our wildest dreams

Yeah... oh saddle up your horses... come on get ready to ride

posted by 6blessings @ 7:01 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    I'm so glad that you got to meet with the woman and that your boss is supportive. I read your first post this morning and have been thinking and praying, and wanting to leave you a comment, but when I arrived I found the update.
    I was just going to say that standing up for yourself, your kids, and what is right does not mean that you are unspiritual. God did not call us to be doormats. He called us not to be contentious and not to stir up hatred, and from what you have written, you have remained blameless in this situation.
    Let God be your defender, but fight the good fight! *Hugs*
    I'm going to pray that conditions continue to improve.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Letting God be our Defender
Lent
He Did It Again
Misconceptions
Another dose of J
DOUBLE DIGITS!!!
A Year and a Half at Home
Spelling Bee
First Semester Down
The Tides of Life




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER