Friday, March 17, 2006
Missing
Missing? Our boys are missing. They are somewhere in Russia, but not at the orphanage. This is our most recent news. Boy, did it knock me over! Our dossier is in the process of being reviewed and a letter of invitation being extended. In the meantime, our in-country coordinator decided to check up on them at the orphanage, seeing as how we were supposed to travel and be there to meet them the first week of April. Well, the orphanage tells her that the boys aren't there. They are in some sort of foster situation, family or just another Russian family. We don't know and apparently they don't either. Our agent emailed us informing us of this last night. They are checking to see if it is permanent or temporary and asked if we were continuing with adoption, even if they weren't available. We are heading into the weekend with no news. The Russian offices are closed already and we haven't hear anything. I guess we will endure a tortuous weekend of wondering, maybe longer.

I have cried off and on, not sure of what to do. I got the news alone because Damon was at the NCAA National Wrestling Tournament. When he got home, I showed him the email. He has been good to comfort me and keep my mind from wandering too much. He keeps telling me I've got too many questions that aren't ready to be answered. I asked him if he knew what was going to happen. He said, "No," at first and then said, "Yes." He said, "All things are going to work for good." That is a verse from the Bible that promises believers that God will work all things for good to those who love Him. I told him he was right and have settled down a little. I know all of those things in my heart. I know God will be faithful. The thoughts of pain just creep in and torment. I have to believe and trust the One I know will take care of all things. We would certainly covet any prayers you may have for us at this time. Derek and Lisa, we are still praying for you too.
posted by 6blessings @ 5:11 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    Hi Kim,
    Wow, this has been a strange week for all of my Russian adoption blogger friends. I wish you were able to get more information before the weekend, but hopefully they are working on it and you'll hear early next week. I don't understand why your children (and D and L's) were taken from the orphanage when they were already "lined up" for having their long-term parents. I will have to ask my agency about this. Wishing you guys the best!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    Kim,
    Just know that my prayers are with you this weekend. Try to take care of yourself and remain positive. Those boys need your love more than ever right now.

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Was the word "patronat" mentioned? My boy is with a patronat type of foster family. It's kind of a new status that the Ministry of Education is pushing now.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    I am sorry about this unsettling news. That is very strange. I hope you get more information soon. Not knowing is the worst. Have faith that things will work out for the best. I know it is hard. Like Lisa said- take care of yourself and remain positive. We are here for you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Prayer Request
DoE Day/Labor Pains
Next Blogging Phase
Waiting on DOE
USCIS approval
Dossier sent off
Step by step
Continuing on
Finishing Home Study/Starting Dossier
Turning 2 alone




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER