Friday, October 27, 2006
Some Friday Laughs
I was inspired by Jenni's cute quip from helping in the kindergarten class, so I thought I'd share a few that have happened around our house lately.

#1 Loss of Teeth and the Tooth Fairy

After having extractions done the other day, D was trying to cheer them up and tried to explain about the tooth fairy. They were really excited and when I came home from gym they came running at me explaining it all. Their version was a little different than what I think had been explained to them. You see, the gwins have some crowns on some of their back molars due to having to share nutrition in utero. Anyway, they grabbed E and made her open her mouth. They held a nickel up to her crown and said, "Money." They continued, "L spat(sleep), get tees(teeth) money." Translation: the bwins thought they would go to sleep and wake up with crowns in place of their missing teeth and the crowns, obviously since they are silver,are made with money. After a little more explaining, they had a clearer idea of the tooth fairy and were thrilled to find money under their pillows the next day.

#2 Bareback Riding... or is it Bearback Riding?

I mentioned previously that we had attended a rodeo revival when we went to visit my mother for her birthday. The announcer told everyone it was time for the bareback riding. E looked at D in utter amazement (or possible horror) and said, "They're going to ride bears...in here?"

#3 Biblical Math Lessons

As most of you know, we homeschool. J is in first grade. I told him it was time to do his Math one day. I offhandedly made the comment, "Let's see, where are we at?" He said, "I'm on Exodus 25." I was obviously confused by this. I asked what he meant. He opened his book and pointed, "See, Exodus 25." I looked down and realized he was on Exercise 25.

#4 P is for Pig (amongst other things)

A few nights ago, D was doing puzzles with all of the boys. L has this crazy attraction to pigs. He has a little stuffed pig that goes everywhere with him. Anyway, there was a P in the puzzle. D thought he'd have a teachable moment and he made the "p" sound and said, "P is for pigs." L began to repeat, "P is for pigs," and make the sound. D thought he was making progress in the educational arena right up until L said, "P, pig go pisheet(the Russian word for going to the bathroom)." In other words, the pig needed to pee, not P. He had no concept of the letter.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and got some good laughs on my family's behalf. I'm off to the first gymnastics meet of the season. It starts today at 4:30 p.m. and will probably be over by 10 p.m. Saturday night. Thank goodness for Daylight Savings Time this weekend!
posted by 6blessings @ 6:57 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Cute stories!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Carolina Mama said…

    Kim, thanks for commenting. You are always so encouraging and supprotive. Such an example with your whole gang! Love the RED van! My neighbor has one of those - 5 kids - their's is blue. The red looks nice and new and pretty!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Funny stories! I love the way kids' minds work.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! Too cute!!

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I loved these stories. Keep them coming.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Introducing THE BUS
3 months and a little
Yummy Fun
Twinship
Boogars, Kitchens, and Extractions... Oh My!!
Happy 60th Birthday, Mom!!
3 visits down + one + stomach virus
Two visits down...add one
One visit down...
Soccer Star




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER