Monday, October 02, 2006
One visit down...
We knocked out one doctor's visit today in our long list. It was L and El's trip to the cardiologist. Both of their records indicated heart murmurs and L's had some other heart trouble. The dentist wouldn't see them until the cardiologist had seen them, so off we went.

Both boys do have murmurs, but neither one is problematic. After ultrasounds and echocardiograms on each boy, she declared that they did not need any special treatment and would need no additional visits to her office. Praise the Lord!!! This was a big one.

Both boys were really good, but I'll never get used to the fear in their eyes. Cold stares and tears streaming down a child's face while they are completely silent is one of the worst sights a mother can bear. There is so much in there and it is so deep. Maybe one day they will be able to share, maybe not. At least they are beginning to know that I'm going to be there with them through it all.
posted by 6blessings @ 11:53 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Phew, I know that is a load off your mind about the cardiologist. Thank goodness. Your daughter looks adorable in the soccer getup. I am glad she is doing well with it.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim,
    Please feel free to call me to help out w/the kids while you go to your marathon of dr visits. We are going to Dallas this Friday and I am going to a dr appt w/a friend on the 11th, but would be happy if you feel like leaving the kids w/me. They can even bring school work if they need to...please call, I mean it! : )

    Tonya

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    One doctor's appt down. I'm so glad no further cardiologist visits are needed. That's one check off the list. Whew!

    I hate to hear how hard this is on the boys and you, though. There's so much fear and pain there. Hopefully it will subside a bit in time.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Carolina Mama said…

    Thankful for this report! Every time I read of their sorrow I am SO grateful they have your forever family! What a blessing! And forever love!
    p.s. did your other gwin wnat to play soccor? When did they start to do things NOT in tandem! I cannot visualize this yet with our five year old boys.... :)

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    Kim, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through all these doctor appts. I am so glad that the cardiology appt went well. Yay!

    Your daughter looks so cute in her soccer uniform. =) What a cool program she is in. That's very special.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    That is a big one. That is huge. What a relief!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Soccer Star
All Bundled Up
Waiting
2 Months
Adoption Shower
L's Endoscopy
Ownership and Outings
I've Been Tagged
Count Your Many Blessings
Hugs and Progress




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER