Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Ownership and Outings
I feel like we made a real leap this weekend. After church on Sunday, we drove home and parked the van. I opened my door and was gathering up the gajillion papers the kids had made, my Bible, the bulletin, etc. L stood in the door blocking my way out. He gave me a hug and said, "Mamka". Then he stood back, looked me in the eye and said, "Vitaly's Mama"(his Russian name). Then he reached over and hugged me again really hard.

This may not seem like much, but it was the first time either of the boys had taken real ownership in me being their mama. They have called me "Mama" since trip one to Russia, but it was just a name, a tag. Now it has real meaning. I'm Vitaly's Mama.

In other news, my dh and I got to go out for the first time Saturday night. My birthday was back in August and my MIL wanted to give me a night out. She came over Saturday and watched the kids. She made suncatchers with them and a fun dessert. In the meantime, we went to watch "Invincible". I highly recommend this movie. It was very clean and good, very inspirational, based on a true story. Then we went out to eat. We were only gone a few hours, but boy was it nice!

L goes back to the GI doctor on Thursday morning for an endoscope. I am so nervous. He was obviously so traumatized by hospital situations that he turns totally cold at the doctor's office. At the basic pediatrician visit when we first got home, he laid cold on the table, tears running down his face, but no noise coming out of his mouth. The fear in his eyes is so deep. They will give him an IV with pain meds and sleeping medication before doing the scope. It will take a few hours all together. Please pray for him and his mama.
posted by 6blessings @ 11:23 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Oh Kim this is so sweet to read. I'm so glad you've turned this corner.

    I'll pray for y'all with the endoscope. I'm praying it will be another step toward L trusting you as Mama to do what's best for him.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Oh, the poor kid. I know it must be soo scary. I will have you both in my thoughts.

    It is good to hear about him calling you mama and attaching that meaning/feeling/ whatever you want to call it to it. It makes my heart sing.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    That's huge that he's fully recognizing that you are "his."

    I'll be thinking of L and his doctor visit. It must be so hard for you to see him go through this, especially considering the history.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    poor little guy to have to deal with all of those doctors. i'll be hoping for the best!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sure those boys already love you so much. Praying for you guys. I have been through hospital trauma with my boys- so I know how horrible. I can't imagine the pain of going it alone. I am so glad they have you now- I hope they will receive your comfort and learn of God's comfort as well.

    Good that you got a night out! We all need those!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim,

    I'm Rhonda's mother (her blog is Still Waiting). Today is Thursday and I've been thinking about you since last night. You remain in my prayers.

    I have been following your story for some time now. It is thrilling to see the boys experiencing devotion from people that love them. It sounds like they keep growing in trust and acceptance of this new love that has come into their lives.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger sandy said…

    Kim, that is so wonderful that they are truly calling you their mama! Do you think that joining a family with brother and sisters has helped them to realize more quickly that they are secure members of the family too?

    Poor L... as just a little guy having to go through so much pain and fear with all the medical treatments he's been through. I've had an endoscopy... it was easy and painless. The hardest part is getting the IV. You can tell him that (or maybe not since it's happened already). I pray that he has some peace with you there comforting and encouraging him. I also pray that the procedure is quick and that there are no complications. (It has already happened, but God transcends time... so maybe he'll answer these prayers in retrospect. =)

    Take care! sandy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

I've Been Tagged
Count Your Many Blessings
Hugs and Progress
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue?
First Day of School
Medical Issues/Deep Emotional Pain
One month ago today...
Bloggy Movement
Look, up in the sky! . . .
SopaPILLOW?




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER