Friday, September 22, 2006
Waiting
All of us in the adoption world face waiting in one phase or another. Some waits are short, others are long, very long. We hurry, hurry, hurry and then wait. For many the wait is over. Some are at the end of a long wait. For others it is just beginning. Still others are smack dab in the middle of a tortuous wait with no end in sight.

Last night, my girls couldn't find their usual instrumental music CD that they sometimes listen to at bedtime to fall asleep. They dug through the CDs and pull out an old Steven Curtis Chapman CD. It took me back years ago, I mean years! I had forgotten about a lot of those songs, but of course, remembered the lyrics. Then song #3 came on. It stopped me in my tracks and my thoughts jumped not to years ago but to months ago and to many of you in this crazy adoption world. It really spoke to me. I wish I had remembered it during my waiting. I hope it will help some of you who are waiting still, no matter what phase of waiting you're in at the time. I think and pray for you often that your wait will end soon.

Wait by Steven Curtis Chapman

You wonder when the Lord will renew the strength within you
You wonder how, how can He use you as you are
Seems like you're wasting precious time
But then a voice comes to remind you (to wait)

Wait, wait, wait on the Lord
You will understand in time
Why you must wait
Wait, wait, wait on the Lord
Yes, He hears you
But for now you must wait on the Lord

Answers come slowly to your cries of desperation
But time is His tool, teaching the greatest lessons learned
So let him do His work in you
And watch the miracles come true as you (wait)

Wait, wait, wait on the Lord
You will understand in time
Why you must wait
Wait, wait, wait on the Lord
Yes, he hears you
But for now you must wait on the Lord

They that wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength
They will raise up with wings as eagles
They will run, not get weary
They will walk and no faint
That's a promise to us when we (wait)

Wait, wait, wait on the Lord
You will understand in time
Why you must wait
Wait, wait, wait on the Lord
Yes, He hears you
But for now you must wait on the Lord
posted by 6blessings @ 8:02 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I've never heard that song before, but it's pretty apropos, isn't it? Didn't Steven Curtis Chapman adopt? Maybe he wrote that song during his own wait.

    I have to admit that at times I feel like I've been forgotten. Like I've gotten lost in the shuffle somehow.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Great song. I can't believe I haven't heard that one before.

    Thanks for sharing

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Charles Rathmann said…

    All I can say is ... treasure your wait. Enjoiy the respite. We on the other hand HAD no wait, and even before we had the foster care license in our hands, we had met with a birth mother who subsequently chose us as the adoptive parents.

    While we see this rapid progression as a blessing, the amount of change we are experiencing in a short period of time is significant. In less than a month -- a fraction of normal gestation -- we have much to do. My in-laws are painting the nursery right now, and we have received an influx of baby items. We also need to pay for the entirety of the adoption process much sooner than we thought, which is straining our cash flow.

    This is a blessing, but my friend your wait is a blessing as well.

    ~ Chuck
    http://rathmannadoptionjourney.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Wow, those words are very appropriate. I am going to have to find it online to listen to the song. I don't think I have ever heard it before. Thanks for sharing

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    I know that feeling all too well, and with our good news last week, those who are waiting are weighing heavily on my heart right now. Its so hard to feel left behind. I wish I could take everyone with me to Russia in two weeks.

    Thanks for remembering how hard the wait is, even though your two are home.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Carolina Mama said…

    Nice, nice! :) Love the words. Thanks.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Kim, thanks so much for posting this. I'm not familiar with this song and SCC is one of my favorite artists!

    Yes, sometimes it does seem like He isn't hearing me, but I know in my heart that He does.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Kim, I just read your comment on my blog. Your post is encouraging. I appreciate your posting this. The fact that you think of those of us who are still waiting and remember how it aches just proves how beautiful you are.

    My issues are my own. I've struggled with faith for years. My belief in God is not shakeable, but the extent to which he is involved in my life is something I don't understand. I wish I did. During this adoption process and some other things that have been occurring in my family that I don't blog about, faith has become harder for me to sustain than ever. I'm trying, though. I really am.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    You're invited to be a part of the new "Blog-Pals connection" Come visit my blog for the explanation of what Blog-Pals is all about!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    What comforting lyrics. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Barbie said…

    I found your blog when Kraleigh went to heaven and I have been following your journey and praying for your family. Here I was praying for blessings for YOUR family and today *I* was blessed reading your blog! Thank you for sharing the words and know that you blessed me. Our circumstances are different but we serve the same God:-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

2 Months
Adoption Shower
L's Endoscopy
Ownership and Outings
I've Been Tagged
Count Your Many Blessings
Hugs and Progress
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue?
First Day of School
Medical Issues/Deep Emotional Pain




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER