Saturday, August 18, 2007
Birthday Presents
I promised pics of the birthday gifts I received last Sunday on my birthday!
My gifts from J. At the top is a "spear" like the one he made in church that morning when he learned about David and King Saul. He made me one so we could have spearing contests. The first time out, he got me right in the throat. My advise is never to mess with J in a spearing battle!! The hand he also made in church. It lists all of the things important to him.
My gifts from the gwins- a complete handmade jewelry set, including necklace, bracelet, anklet, ring, and earrings.
My gifts from the bwins- an American flag, a book, a soccer notepad and pencil, a drawstring bag, a cross necklace made at KidsFest, and El's "first timer" award for obedience in Sunday School. They also gave me a little stuffed bear that was absent in the picture.
"Child of my Heart" statue from my parents. My mom also took me shopping.
This is me with the cake that H made. It is a homemade chocolate cake! It was delicious!! (I'm also wearing the jewelry from the gwins and necklace from the bwins.)

For all of you who are waiting for THE NEWS, I should be able to post something this week.
posted by 6blessings @ 4:12 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    First of all Happy Birthday. I am just getting caught up on my blog reading. I know that must have been hard for you letting the kids go to public school. I am sure they will make friends quickly. I wish your family all the best.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    I'm glad you had a Happy Birthday Kim! The presents from your kids are so sweet. Don't you love homemade gifts? I can't wait to hear the big news!
    -Penny

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Chelley said…

    Wow they are some really sweet from the heart gifts!

    Wow can I say how pretty your hair looks!!! It is so Swish!!! You looks so young!!!
    You sure that you are not going backwards insted of getting older???

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    What nice heartfelt presents. And Chelley's right -- you look beautiful!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    Happy Birthday! Nice gifts, and wow does that cake look yummy!

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    You look so great! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. What a nice thing to make a cake for you- and the necklaces and small gifts are awesome!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    What special gifts. You are a blessed mama. And you do look great (no where close to 37) I think the candles must be wrong!!

    I like the Willow Tree, Child of my heart. Those are so pretty.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Chris Goeppner said…

    It's funny you keep checking my blog for news beause I keep checking your blog for news too! The wait is killing me! =)
    -Penny

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

First Day of School
Quick Post
Busy Day
Curriculum
Passing the Test
Big Change Hint #1
KidsFest
Changes
Lessons Learned while Rock Climbing
Blog List




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER