Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Extravagant Love
I will not be posting tomorrow on Valentine's Day for reason I will post about later on today. So, today I want to post about love, extravagant love. A few weeks ago we sang a new song in church about Christ's extravagant love for us. Since then, during my Bible reading time, I have seen the word extravagant several times in reference to Christ. I find it quite fitting for Valentine's Day. Christ is the only one with pure love, not mushy gushy feelings, but pure, unadulterated, unconditional love. I am so grateful for it!

Definition of extravagant from dictionary dot com:
extravagant:
1. excessively high

2. exceeding the bounds of reason, as actions, demands, opinions, or passions.
3. going beyond what is deserved or justifiable


Christ's love was most evidenced to us in His sacrificial death on the cross. As I look at the above definitions, especially number three, I can definitely agree that His love is extravagant.

Here's the song mentioned above. It is by "Casting Crowns".

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel I'm moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place
Cause Your love is extravagant

Spread wide in the arms of Christ
there's a love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known;
You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again

You can hear it with a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp1uaBAuZiQ

Happy Valentine's Day! Celebrate His extravagant love!
posted by 6blessings @ 7:15 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
Reading Progress
100 Percent Commitment
Hanna Project
Living Large and What You Do in Hard Times
Letting God be our Defender
Lent
He Did It Again
Misconceptions
Another dose of J




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER