Saturday, March 18, 2006
Defender of the Helpless and Fatherless
I just wanted to update my last posting. We still don't know exactly where they are or what kind of situation they are in at all. Apparently, the orphanage knows something and the DoE knows something. They just have confidentiality rules that our agency has to accept. I guess it was kind of a freak thing that they even found out they were gone. The coordinator was at the orphanage picking up a child for a couple who had just been to court. The caseworker didn't see the boys and asked where they were. They only response they were given is that they were in a foster care situation.

Apparently the Russian government is trying to set up some kind of foster care system to help deal with their overflowing orphanages. In the last month or so they have raised the salary for foster parents, causing a big surge in the number of foster homes. Margaret, I have not heard the word "patranot" used. However, our agent said it was all so new. She doesn't really know much about it.

Next week they have to go to the DoE and request the information about the boys, where they are and who they are with (Russian family, their family, etc.). She said if it was their own blood relatives, we probably won't get them. If it is another Russian family and they aren't considering adopting them, then we might still have a chance. She doesn't really know.

I am, of course, very upset about the possibility that we've lost them. However, my biggest concern right now is for their safety and well-being. I knew they would be taken care of at the orphanage because we have heard great things about it through others who have been there. Now, I don't know what kind of people have them or what their environment is like. Obviously, a raise in salary for foster parents could bring out both the good and the bad alike. It could provide a way for someone to help who truly loved children and wanted to help the orphanages, but couldn't before. It could also bring out money-grubbing people who just want the cash and don't care anything for the kids. That is my fear.

I have read a lot in my Bible over the past few days. The biggest thing God impressed upon my heart this morning is that He is the defender of the weak, the fatherless, the poor, and the helpless (Psalm 10:12-18, Psalm 68:5-6, Psalm 146) . My biggest prayer right now is that He would be their Protector and Defender. They are the helpless ones He speaks about in His Word. I have grown to love these children enough that I just want the best for them. If it is at home with us, then that would be awesome. If it is with family in Russia, then okay. I just pray that God's will would be done and He would be their Defender and Protector.

Our caseworker said it may be the end of next week or longer before we know. Please keep us in your prayers as we wait for word, not for travel, but for our future. It has been very difficult. Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers.
posted by 6blessings @ 8:39 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    It certainly sounds like a patronat model home to me. It's a relatively new form of foster care. The families are considered to be "employed by the state in the training of the children" and are given a relatively large sum of money per month.

    I know this much. In my son's region, permanent adoptive homes (even international) are deemed preferable to a temporary patronat situation.

    The big question I have is what is the patronat family's motivation? To help a kid out and provide a good temporary home? Or to provide a permanent home?

    My regional representative has met with the judge about my boy's case. The judge advised her on how to proceed. So there is no law stating that he is unavailable.

    My hope is that my boy is with a family that is kind, good, caring, and fun. That they just wanted to help a child out and earn a little extra money. But that they only intend for it to be temporary.

    I'll pray for your boys, too.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Sorry to be so long-winded!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    I hope you can find out what is going on soon, so you can just feel at peace about it. They are lucky to have you praying for them and loving them.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Missing
Prayer Request
DoE Day/Labor Pains
Next Blogging Phase
Waiting on DOE
USCIS approval
Dossier sent off
Step by step
Continuing on
Finishing Home Study/Starting Dossier




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER