Tuesday, December 19, 2006
All I Want For Christmas is My 4 Front Teeth
Okay, maybe this is a post that only a mother could love, but I'm so excited for my baby. As many of you know, both boys had severe dental problems when we brought them home. El's was only in the back of his mouth and was taken care of quickly. L, on the other hand, had 20 teeth, every one of them rotten. L has been having weekly treatments done and is nearing the end. Yesterday was momentous and I have to tell you about it.

The dentist decided that he would rather crown all of his teeth, even the front ones, instead of pulling them so that he would be able to eat and hopefully gain some weight. The pretty white fronted crowns would not fit because he did not have enough tooth structure left. He did all of the back teeth first because he said the front would be more sensitive and difficult. Yesterday, he did the top front. L was a trooper and did terrific. When they were done, they handed him a mirror. The look on his face was enough to make not only this mama cry, but also the dental assistant. His eyes got really big and he opened his mouth wider. Soon a smile spread from ear to ear. He was so proud and so happy.

He showed everyone his "new teeth". If you remember, they call the crowns "money teeth". He was bragging to his twin that he had money teeth in front and El didn't. El was so sweet, as usual, and said, "I like L's teeth." L came up to me later in the day and said, "Mama, I can eat." He could actually bite into his food for the first time. He was thrilled beyond belief.

Most people will look at the metal mouth below and not think it looks too attractive. However, to this mama, that silver smile is golden!

BEFORE: No teeth structure, only rotten stumps
(Please ignore the ice cream on the mouth.)

At the orphanage: a toothless grin

AFTER: Teeth to chew with
A silver smile

One proud little boy with new teeth

posted by 6blessings @ 6:25 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    It brings tears to my eyes to think about those precious boys and their rotten teeth. The fact that L was so thrilled that he can eat just tears at my heart. You have two wonderful little angels and they have you. God Bless all of you!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger mommyto5 said…

    Oh Kim how awesome for El what a blessing and how blessed he is to have such a loving family:)
    Merry Christmas to all!!!

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Levi looks absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I'm so glad for him!! Please tell him babushka thinks he is handsome!!!!!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Hey -- Rap artists pay big money for "grills!" L is just incredibly in style. :-)

    I think it's just wonderful. I knew his teeth were in rough shape, but the close up photo is shocking. What a blessing that he now has functional teeth and can eat without an issue. It's a miracle!

    What will happen when his adult teeth start to grow in?

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    oh now he can eat and smile. I am so happy for him. What a great Christmas present

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    wow, he does have a million dollar smile. awesome!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    DH and I are both crying. The before shot is very disturbing. I'd like to shove a hard copy of that photo up some Russian officials' rears...but that is just the bitter, mean side of me.

    So thankful for his new teeth. Will he be able to have normal adult teeth?

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger Ani said…

    I can only imagine his joy at having teeth! I had no idea that his dental deterioration was so bad...

    His smile in that last picture is priceless - what a happy boy!

    Happy Christmas to your WHOLE family :)

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Carolina Mama said…

    Kim your boys are beautiful! I had know idea b/c their little smiles have always been beaming! Praise the Lord for good dental care. You are gracious about me being your blog pal. :) A lot of the others did so much more and you deserve everything. Know that I think of you the same and am thrilled for you! Glad you did get the little book. (I think I will take a break from the SBP for next time. I did enjoy though.) God Bless!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

He's Making a List...
More doctors visits
Christmas Claus
Odds and Ends
Snowman Contest- Vote Now
The First Snow
Turkey Cookies
Quick funny post
First Thanksgiving- YUMMY!!
4 months




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER