Tuesday, December 12, 2006
More doctors visits

Here's the pics of the candy cane cast that I promised you. If you look really closely on the pic of just the cast, you can see Santa's signature. It is right in the middle front in cursive.

E went to the doc yesterday to recheck her foot. They really thought that she had just sprained it and so they took off the cast and re-x-rayed(spelling?) . It's broken. The x-ray showed a break in her growth plate this time. They tried to put her in a walking boot, but it was just too large and bulky. She couldn't walk in it. Therefore, they recasted her(purple this time) for another 3 weeks. She is so disappointed. Gymnastic competition is in full swing, and believe me, she is a competitor. She wants to be out there with everyone else.

In other medical news, I was feeling a little left out of all of the doctor visits, so last Thursday, I threw my back out. HA! HA! No, it really wasn't funny at all. It has been bothering me for a while, but it really went out when I reached to the side and picked up L that day. The chiropractor says it was the right combination of twist and lifting that caused the problem. I couldn't move off of my hands and knees for about an hour. I finally made it to my back and pretty much stayed there the rest of the day. I thought it would get better on Friday, but it didn't. I ended up going to the chiropracter. My x-rays were quite interesting. My spine was a straight line all the way down my back until the bottom where it took a sharp curve to the left. He said my muscles were so spasmed up that it was completely pulling my spine over. Ugh! That's why I hurt so badly.

I went again for another visit Saturday and they have me scheduled 3 times a week for 3 weeks. That's great, except that I don't quite know what to do with all my kids while I run off to have my back fixed. I have a few people that have offered to watch them some. I'm so appreciative. I just hate having to have help. I'm under some restrictions- no lifting, no spotting at gym, etc. The boys don't quite understand. I usually go sit down and have them come to me. My back is getting better every day, but is definitely not normal yet. Boy do I hate getting old. :-)
posted by 6blessings @ 6:05 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Kim that sounds just awful and so painful. I hope and pray you get better soon.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Kim that sounds just awful and so painful. I hope and pray you get better soon.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Kim, I know back pain well. I have a ruptured disc in my back. It took almost 5 years to diagnose it because no one told me that most back injuries don't show up on an x-ray. I'm glad your back is starting to feel better. But if it persists, please get an MRI. It will save you a lot of time, pain and anguish.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Ouch. I hope both you and E are on the mend and feeling better soon.

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I really hope your back gets better soon. When I used to work for the Marriott in room service (eons ago) I once reached up for a small bottle of ketchup and pow. I was in pain for the rest of the night. It can be the smallest movement that does it.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    Wish I lived closer. I'd come right on over and watch them. I just know our two broods would have a blast together. I too, HATE to ask for help.
    Hope your back recovers soon.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Shala said…

    I was looking through blogs for adoptions and found yours. I also live in Oklahoma and my daughter is in gymnastics as well. Sorry to hear about the foot but the cast is super cool! Congrats on your adoption..what a blessing for you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Christmas Claus
Odds and Ends
Snowman Contest- Vote Now
The First Snow
Turkey Cookies
Quick funny post
First Thanksgiving- YUMMY!!
4 months
What's in My Purse?
Write Your Name




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER