Sunday, March 26, 2006
For God So Loved the World
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I have said that verse and have known it by memory since I was a very small child. All of my children, except maybe the youngest, can repeat it. However, it took on new meaning this week. Damon and I teach a 2 year old Sunday School class on Sunday mornings. Because of the events that occured this week, I didn't study my lesson until Saturday night. As I skimmed through quickly, I noted supplies I would need, songs we would sing, etc. Then there was a special note to teachers. It said to really read back over the verse for the day- John 3:16. They said to see it in a new light. Sometimes the familiar can jump out in a bold new way.

That's what happened to me. First of all, I knew what losing a son felt like for the first time. I had no control over it and wouldn't have chosen for it to happen. In comparison, God willingly gave up His Son. The reason "why" became the second point that stood out to me more than ever before. "Why?" Because He loved me. He knew what was best for the world, His children. Therefore, He sacrificed what was most precious to Him for us. When we spent 5 days in limbo, not knowing where the boys where at, the one thing we prayed was for God's best for them. We gave up our hopes and dreams of bringing them home for whatever was best for them. Yes, that showed how much we loved them. How much more does it show God's love for us that He would sacrifice His own Son for us!

Today has been incredibly hard, the hardest yet. I feel as if no one around me understands what I'm going through or even cares. We haven't heard from some of our close family members or friends since the day we called and told them what had happened almost a week ago. Some people seem to be playing the "avoidance game", like that really helps. Some smile and talk about other things and act like they don't even know what we are going through, even though we know they do. In defense of the few that have cared to check on us, call us, give us a hug, thank you. I know you may not understand how we feel, but at least you are showing you care.

Even after saying and feeling all of that, this verse reminds me that there is One who cares and One who really does understand. This simple childhood verse that most church-going people can quote now has new meaning and new light in my life. I hope it touches yours somehow.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:41 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger A. Lin said…

    I don't understand all of what you are going through, but I do know that I am praying for you. I am glad that God continues to be faithful and sent you a message on Sunday.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    I do understand. I have tried to reason it over and over. I prayed to God to give A a forever family. To keep him safe and to give him someone to cuddle him, kiss is boo boos and to love him. All these months I thought it would be me. The Lord answered my prayers, He just did it in the most unexpected way.

    The verse goes on to read, "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17

    As Jesus was sent to save the world, maybe these little boys were sent to save us. To give us hope and to teach us love and patience.

    You aren't alone. I'm standing right beside you and holding your hand.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger 6blessings said…

    Thanks Elle!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    I can imagine how hard it would be to expect to receive specific children into your home- be planning for that future and then to have that never realized. I haven't received a referral, so I don't have a particular child in my heart, but I know that it would be so devastating to me if we didn't receive any child at all. So that is the closest I come to understanding how you are feeling. It is so hard to say, "Thy will be done" sometimes, but God is in control. I am glad that you can find comfort there and know that He loves you. I keep praying for all you guys would have been having to hear hard news lately. *hugs*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Miscarriage
Defender of the Helpless and Fatherless
Missing
Prayer Request
DoE Day/Labor Pains
Next Blogging Phase
Waiting on DOE
USCIS approval
Dossier sent off
Step by step




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER