Sunday, February 17, 2008
Surgery Update
I'm about 50 percent awake right now so I'll do a quick post. Please excuse any typos, etc.

Surgery went fairly well.

Here's D's synopsis in some emails he sent out:

1. Nerve damage on inside of foot. The Dr. said that her nerve was pretty badly caught up in her previous scar tissue. He did all he could but got to a point where he felt going further might cause more damage. He says it may be two months before we really know how well this is going to heal (if at all), because the nerve may (or may not) slowly progress.

2. Pain in outside of foot. This part is much more hopeful. As was the plan, the Dr. removed a bone chip and re-attached a ligament. However, he also found that she had some pretty bad bone spurs which he also cleaned up. Dr. feels that the operation should make a good positive impact on her pain.


Right now, I'm relying on the pain meds quite a bit. My toes are very swollen and I have to keep the foot up or the pain is pretty bad. I'm supposed to go in later this week to have the splint taken off, stitches removed, and a cast put on.

I want to send out a big thank you to my hubby, kids, my parents, and our church small group for all of the help they've given to help us get through this time while I'm down.
posted by 6blessings @ 8:28 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    sending out positive thoughts and hope you heal quickly.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I'm glad you posted an update. You've been on my mind!! Take it easy and let that foot heal.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger jessy said…

    Thank you for updating! I've been praying. You let that foot heal. Don't over do. I know it is easier said than done. I'm just getting over the flu, and the whole time I was in bed, I kept thinking about how dirty my kitchen floor was.

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger kate said…

    hang in there, kim. good news about the removal of bone chips and bone spurs! (i feel a little bit of your pain. i once walked around for weeks with glass in my foot--because people kept telling me feet healed slowly. one it was removed, i felt sooo much better! and my foot healed relatively quickly.)

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    It's good that there's hope for the nerve damage to resolve, and very good to get rid of the chip and the bone spurs... I bet those were very painful! Rest and heal.... you shouldn't be on the pain meds too much longer. Thinking of you....

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger junglemama said…

    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Four and a Half Years of Waiting
Extravagant Love
Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
Reading Progress
100 Percent Commitment
Hanna Project
Living Large and What You Do in Hard Times
Letting God be our Defender
Lent
He Did It Again




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER