Friday, March 31, 2006
New Referrals
Our agency sent us some new referrals yesterday. Two were in the same region we were going to before and the other is in a totally different area of Russia. We have ruled out one, probably two, and are getting more details on the third. Of course, the one we are considering is the one that is in a different area. They say that all of our paperwork will transfer just fine.

This whole adoption adventure never ceases to amaze me. Just when we think we have it all figured out, God has other plans. The children we lost were two years old. After losing them, we kept talking about how nice it would be to have one a little smaller even, a one year old. It would be easier on the language side of things, memory of the orphanage, etc. However, if we've learned anything, it is that God's plans are different than ours a lot of times. There are many verses in the Bible that address this issue. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21) "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." (Proverbs 16:9) " 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.' " The children we are looking at are older and have been in the orphanage a fairly long time. They are old enough that their language skills are fully established and they will definitely have memories of the orphanage.

One seems to have some medical issues that we are checking on. In the meantime, we are praying for God's direction in this matter. It is not exactly the path we thought we were heading down. However, just as when this whole thing started, our one goal is just to do what God wants us to do. If this is it, then we want to be obedient. Please pray for us as we decide what to do.
posted by 6blessings @ 6:48 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    Kim you are always in our prayers. The Lord will lead you down the right path.

    'For I know the plans I have for you.' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.' (Jeremiah 29:11)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Good luck sorting through it- I hope this turns out to be the referral that was meant to be your child.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    Hi Kim,
    I was reading your post on grief and the analogy of the wave was very accurate! Lately I've been trying to figure out how to survive the burdens of suffering, especially for those going through the difficult adoption process, and others I know in situations where I have no power to help. All the pain has really been getting me down! The other morning I turned to the Beatitudes and the first two leaped off the page:

    Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

    Even though we suffer the pain of grief and the burdens of life, God is with us, and we are blessed because of it. My burdens haven't gone away, but it seems I have more strength to endure them.

    Just something I found helpful for me. We are doing a Russian adoption as well, but are working on the dossier right now.

    My best to you,
    sandy

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    I think you'll know when the referral is the right one. I started with a plan to adopt a baby from Guatemala. But the opportunity to host Peanut sounded so right. Now I can't imagine anything different.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger sandy said…

    Hi Kim,
    got your message! Thanks for visiting! Our twins birthdate is June 9th. How about yours?

    Have you been searching for twins to adopt? We considered adopting twins (and still can since we are getting approval for two children) but are going to adopt only one because we already have a full plate taking care of my grandmother and the kids. I know of a couple in Santa Cruz who is traveling next week to bring their twins home. They have waited a very long time!

    Please keep in touch,
    sandy

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Yeah So said…

    God will tell you the right choice. You'll know in your heart the direction to go. I find that sometimes my own wants and needs get in the way and I can't hear God because of all my dang whining! But when I finally shut up, the answer is there.

    Love the wave analogy..it's so very true.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    sounds like you are reviewing the referrals with a good combination of thought/sensibility and feeling. i agree with the other comments, you will know your child when the right information is presented.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    How exciting to have received new referrals! I haven't heard of having so many choices. I hope you will feel God's hand in whatever you choose. I am so glad that things are moving along so quickly for you guys now. I look forward to hearing all about your journey forward.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    You're in my prayers Kim. I hope that God gives you clear direction on this :).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Grief
For God So Loved the World
Miscarriage
Defender of the Helpless and Fatherless
Missing
Prayer Request
DoE Day/Labor Pains
Next Blogging Phase
Waiting on DOE
USCIS approval




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER