Monday, April 03, 2006
In a Flurry
This will be a really quick update because it's late here and I need to get to bed. I just wanted to update everyone on our situation. I will explain more in detail in later posts.

In a nutshell: We accepted the new referrals. They are another set of twin boys, identical this time (although we're not 100% sure). They are four, almost five, years old. Upon notifying our agency of acceptance, they informed us that we would need to be in Moscow on the 16th so we could fly into the region that evening. We would need to be at the orphanage on the 17th and 18th. Did I hear someone say, "Of April?" YES! We leave for Russia in 10 days!! My stomach turns to jello just thinking about it. They are transferring our paperwork already and we sat and filled out our visa applications tonight, to be Fed-Exed tomorrow.

We just received all of this news a few hours ago and we are in a flurry. We are very excited and feel very blessed to have such a great agency. God certainly is keeping us on our toes. I'm just glad He is in control!!

Well, I'll update more later with more detailed information. I've got to get to bed tonight. We have a long day tomorrow. I'm leaving in the morning with my four kids on a field trip to a children's museum. We are meeting my mom, sister, and her two kids there.
posted by 6blessings @ 9:31 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    That's awesome Kim! Congratulations. WOW, it sure does happen fast. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Russia.

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    How exciting. So quick, that's great. Praying you get everything taken care of in time.

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Oh my goodness! In your email you said you would be "away" but I didn't realize you meant Russia. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    WooHoo!! I am starting to think that Tricia is correct in saying that there will hardly be any of us left in the states at the end of the month.

    What region? Need to do my reading.

    Congrats!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Clover said…

    Very exciting. I can't believe you are going so soon.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Gaye and Andrew said…

    Look out Russia...here we come :) Wonderul news, Kim...so excited for you. ~ gaye

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Congratulations! Wonderful news! It is so refreshing after so much heart breaking news in this blogger world. This is so reasuring to me that things do work out and happy endings are in the works for all.

    I look forward to hearing more about your new twins and your trip.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    wow, you better be good at packing! so quick~! i'm anxious to hear about your experiences since we may be adopting children around that age, eg. 3-5 years old.

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger Amy C said…

    Awesome news I am so excited for you and hope this fills a hole in your hearts....

    May your trip be quick and safe and very rewarding...

    Oh my twins are double the blessing....

    Amy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

New Referrals
Grief
For God So Loved the World
Miscarriage
Defender of the Helpless and Fatherless
Missing
Prayer Request
DoE Day/Labor Pains
Next Blogging Phase
Waiting on DOE




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER