Monday, February 25, 2008
Trying to Rejoin Civilization
I'm going to try to rejoin civilization a little this week. The recovery period has been harder than I anticipated. I was supposed to get back into the doctor 7 days after surgery to have the splint removed, stitches taken out, and to be casted. However, they were booked, so I was scheduled for today. Then on Friday the office called and moved it to tomorrow. I'm scared to death that my stitches will permanently be a part of my leg. My nerve damage is still very present and I'm a little nervous about the pain it will inflict when removing ingrown stitches! :-)

We've had quite a week- five out of six kids have been sick and on antibiotics this past week: 3 cases of strep, one sinus infection, and one round of brochial spasms resulting in the need for an inhaler. (Update: Number 6 came home from school sick today.) My mom and dad stayed last week to help out. They were super help. D has also been incredible. Saturday I got cabin fever and decided to go to Z's gym. meet and ended up regretting it. A three hour event turned into a seven hour nightmare. I was bushed when I got home and my foot was swollen pretty badly again.

I realized last night that I needed to get back on track with my Lent postings also, so here are some verses for today. These are all found in Galatians 3.

"Does the God who lavishly provides you with His own presence, His Holy Spirit, working things in your lives you could never do for yourselves, does He do these things because of your strenuous moral striving or because you trust Him to do them in you?"

"And that means that anyone who tries to live by his own effort, independent of God, is doomed to failure."

"The person who lives in right relationship with God does it by embracing what God arranges for him."
posted by 6blessings @ 9:20 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Surgery Update
Four and a Half Years of Waiting
Extravagant Love
Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
Reading Progress
100 Percent Commitment
Hanna Project
Living Large and What You Do in Hard Times
Letting God be our Defender
Lent




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER