Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Warning: Incision Pictures
I went to the doctor yesterday and I got to see what he did. My original scar goes from the top of my leg around to the back of my leg horizontally across the inside of my ankle and has 11 staple marks. The following pictures show what he did in the surgery.

This is the outside. The scar is going to be a couple of inches long. These stitches came out fairly easily.

This is the inside of my ankle. The incision crosses the other one and was about 3 1/2-4 inches long. I will have a very stylish ankle to show off in those summer flip flops! :-)

The second set of stitches was more painful due to the nerve damage. However, I survived. Then I got a lovely light blue cast that is already half-covered with beautiful autographs and artwork from my kiddos.

posted by 6blessings @ 8:31 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    It looks like they're healing quite nicely, though. That's good. Keep taking it as easy as possible (ha!).

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    That is neat you finally got your surgery. It will be worth it when it is all healed. It sounds like you got a lot of help with sick kids. Sickness has been going through our house too.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Sounds like you've had some rough times the past few weeks.

    Hope you're all back up to normal soon. Glad you've had tons of help. I hope all the kids are doing better now.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Trying to Rejoin Civilization
Surgery Update
Four and a Half Years of Waiting
Extravagant Love
Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
Reading Progress
100 Percent Commitment
Hanna Project
Living Large and What You Do in Hard Times
Letting God be our Defender




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER